LegacyGT.com

Paint Maintenance?

yies

Hey, yeaaa just got an obsidian black legacy gt, I must say this is an amaging car. I need some tips on caring for the paint on this car since this will be the first time I actually take care to keep a car looking nice. Washing the car is pretty much obvious, but not to clear on applying wax? Need some advice, want to keep this car looking noice. :cool:

Check out my site. www.OCDetails.com In the OCD University area I've got some articles on caring for your car. Black is tricky to take care of. Proper washing and drying are the first steps to keeping it looking great. I would strongly suggest you not use any type of sponge on it. Sponges trap dirt inside and redeposit them on your car as you wash. That will leave micro scratches on the surface that will need to be polished out later. I would use a nice wool wash mitt instead. I would also suggest using a double bucket method when washing. Have a way to rinse your mitt before you dip it back in for more soap. That will keep your wash water cleaner. Its called a 'double bucket' method because typically one will have a bucket of rinse water as well as the wash water. Finally there is the drying part. Don't use a bath towel. They are fine for bodies, but can be too coarse for drying a car. I would suggest getting a waffle weave microfiber towel from www.premiumautocare.com or any number of other microfiber resellers. You can't get those locally generally. You pretty much have to order it. On black I would suggest blotting the water off instead of dragging the towel all over the place. That will also help prevent scratches.

Anyway, read up on OCDetails.com and definitely let me know if you have any questions. Clean cars are my life. :)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived