LegacyGT.com

For the Austinites: Rice Killer meet/cruise

bnguyenbb6

I know Saturday night car meets are usually at the Y or at Taco Cabana on 183 but RiceKiller.com is introducing their Austin chapter(I think they've been big in DFW) this Saturday. They'll be meeting at the Calvin Klein at the Round Rock Outlets ~7pm followed by a cruise down 1431,LCR,620, 35 and then ending at some parking garage for a photoshoot. After this, they will be having a weekly meet there as long as they don't get kicked out(if everyone behaves).The cruise will be a chilled out cruise, LCR at night is kinda dangerous for those trying to tackle it like a time attack.

I'll hopefully be there. I'm having some misfires and knocks I'm trying to sort out before the AutoX with SASCA Sunday. I'm also trying to find some decent(better than Barum tires :lol:) autoX tires/wheels if anyone wants to lend me a set for the day, I'm willing to work something out.

My initial TA Stage 2 tune had some knock at ~17psi, so I had him revise it. My STU map had no knock at WOT but had misfires at really light throttle, so I had him revise it.(otherwise, car ran fine, small misfires at idle)

My car also has an on and off rough idle(misfires) that got worse. I thought was it was the plugs, so I replaced all the plugs(fun job btw :lol:) while waiting for my maps to get back. They were fouled but that didn't fix the idle.

I got the new maps and they both had knock in multiple places, not just at high boost like the Stage 2 tune. I logged the Cobb stage 2 and its log looked even worse than the TA maps. Injector duty cycle also dropped for some reason (84% down to 70% :confused:). I think its a bad injector but I'm not getting any CEL's or anything. All misfires are felt(sometimes its really bad) but no codes. RomRaider picks up the "roughness" though. I'm pulling the injector on cyl 2 in a little bit and swapping it with cyl 1. Hopefully the roughness switches banks. Might also compression test the car just to make sure its not something major mechanical, although I don't think it is mechanical since its on and off.

I start summer classes at UT on the 15th so any problems(big or small) are no biggie. I actually find it funny that I just rolled over 37k and it might need an injector. Anyways, [/long post]. Hope to see yall there.

So, I pulled the injectors on cyls 1 and 2. Both had some crap on them so I sprayed them off with carb cleaner. The injector off cyl 2 had some sort of varnish/yellow film on it that wasn't seen on the cyl1 injector. Anyways, I swapped the injectors, cyl2 was showing misfires last time so cyl 1 should've after the swap. Weird thing was that the car idled smooth for ~40 miles of stop and go driving, it finnally showed a misfire on Cyl1 after awhile and it comes back, just not as much as I saw last time when cyl2 was misfiring. Sometimes you can feel the roughness and RomRaider wont pick it up :confused:. I bought a new injector and I'll probably replace the one I think is bad later tonight when its cooler in my garage.

Injectors are 130 bucks a piece! To add insult to injury, my foot snagged my APV1 cable and some wires came straight off the board and they need to be resoldered on :mad:. Luckily my buddy is back in town and let me borrow his so that I could continue logging.

oh and I'll forsure give you a hand when you start logging, I'm still not quite sure what some of the parameters are though...

Wow, for that price I would contemplate buying some new 740's for a future turbo upgrade. I saw your post in the tuning section so i will keep an eye on it. I still haven't received my tune yet. hopefully today so i can get it on this weekend and 'try' it out.;)

Kyle

Okay, last minute bump for those Austinites here. Unfortunately, you've already seen my car troubles and I'm not going to make it out tonight. LCR and curvy roads are no fun while babying the car. I'll make it out next week.

Archived