LegacyGT.com

Upgrades for spec. B

I just purchased a 2009 Subaru spec. B and was wondering about getting a few performance parts. I want to get a cat back exhaust that doesn't sounds like the normal ricers out there, a short throw shifter, a blow off valve, and possible an intake but am not sure which products have better ratings and what not. If anyone could help me out that would be great!

Search, you'll get alot of answers that way, but sense I'm already typing I'll give you some sugestions...for the exaust go onto youtube and type in legacy gt, there are tons of hits on it, listen to the exhaust and buy one that you like the sound of...if you want performance a BOV and intake are most likely going to take your car in the other direction. These cars dont take kindly to ethir one stock, you can tune for the intake. As far as the BOV goes are you wanting the hissing sound? If you are the car will run rough (not what I want from a 34,000 car. I would do some reading about going with a stage I or stage II tune, there are various methods to use on here, I'll let you decide what you think is the best one for you after you do some research

First step is to choose accessport or opensource tuning imo. If you go with the accessport like most, it should prob be your first mod. You can flash a stage 1 map right away.

From there you'll want to get a turbo back exhaust, which consists of a downpipe and catback exhaust. There are lots of choices here and it's mostly personal preference and budget. They're all going to yield similar results. Once you've got the turbo back, you can use your same accessport to flash to a stage 2 map. (the accessport comes with off the shelf stage 1 and 2 maps for 91 or 93 octane)

Imo, skip the intake and the blow off valve. You don't need either, and they won't give you anymore power. If you really need to hear the bov, then go for an intake, but you'll need to get tuned for it. Getting tuned requires someone (a tuner) making a custom map for your accessport.

That should get you started power wise. From there if you want more power, probably a bigger turbo with an upgraded intercooler either top or front mount are your next best choices.

Archived