LegacyGT.com

97 Subie, bad sensor??

OK so I went out playing in the mud the other day and drove through a pretty deep mud hole. So deep the water rushed over the hood. After playing around for a little bit the car shut off. We pulled the airfilter and It was wet and muddy :lol: . Tinkered with it for a little bit and I ended up driving it home and let it sit to let everything dry out. I cranked it up this morning and it idled fine but shuts off after a few seconds. Im thinking its the mass air meter but not 100%. Anyone know what else it could be? Car info: 1997 Sudie legacy L 135K miles, Auto.

TIA

You can remove the MAF sensor and clean it with a cleaner specific for that. That's a good first step. Then check that all hoses are in place because if it leaks air in the wrong place then everything is going to be weird for the ECU.

MAF sensor cleaner can be found at AutoZone.

Also try to read any codes.

453747.png

Ok so I had sometime to work on it yesterday and found that there was a vac line off from the bottom of the intake tube to the inake its self. Runs like a champ now! LOL So now I have a MAF on the way and dont need them.

Archived