LegacyGT.com

Free tires for life

LGT_Ltd_wagon

My dealership offers tires for life if you get all your scheduled maintenance done by them (which I have). The problem is I run Summer tires and Snows in the winters and they will only replace the stock RE-92s which don't wear too much since they are only on the car a few moths per year. I have 102,000 miles now so the dealership will be willing to replace them again. I got the first set of free tires at 56,000 miles when I was only running one set year round and they let me use the cost of the replacements as a credit for a purchase at Tirerack where they were going to order the tires from anyways.

What I'm looking for is a set of very worn RE-92s to borrow or if they are so far gone that I could take of your hands.

I'm on the south shore of Boston but I am willing to drive

Any help would be appreciated

No, they let me get anything I want. The problems is I need a fully worn set of stock tires to have them measure them. I got my 18" Enkei RPF1's with Bridgestone RE1-0R as my last set of replacements and used the credit at Tirerack towards the price.

Fraud?

If I had run only one set of tires they would have been worn down to that level.

I"ve put over 50,000 miles since the first set and had all my maintenance done at the dealership including oils changes every 3-4k.

So NO I don't think its fraud. I am not getting full benefit of the program because I run summer tires and snow tires.

Plus, he has paid his dues for maintaining the car at the dealer.

I have questioned the "worth" of the program.... but the dealership has gone above and beyond for me a few times.The service dept has done a lot of "goodwill" as they worded it on the receipt so I'm happy to keep going back. They are a really good team of people. And I've never had any problem with the technicians work. So I keep going back plus it's real convenient.

Thanks for the support.

I was just looking for some help from the forum not trying to get something for nothing.

And of course I would have offered something for anyone that helped me.

duh, trew away RE92s just about a month ago. They had about 5mm thread left.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I have questioned the "worth" of the program.... but the dealership has gone above and beyond for me a few times.The service dept has done a lot of "goodwill" as they worded it on the receipt so I'm happy to keep going back. They are a really good team of people. And I've never had any problem with the technicians work. So I keep going back plus it's real convenient.

Thanks for the support.

I was just looking for some help from the forum not trying to get

something for nothing.

And of course I would have offered something for anyone that helped me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That statement, my friends, is the advantage to actually spending a little more money and being loyal to a dealer, a good dealer that is. Every manufacturer considers the car's dealer service history when administering "Goodwill". No dealer loyalty, no goodwill.

Archived