LegacyGT.com

Tire Recommendations: 2005 Outback XT

KMP

Folks, need your help. I've been a slave to tires for over 5 years now with a previous car [excessively loud, uneven wear, premature life span, continuous slow leaks]. I bought my Outback [2005 XT] in January and now need new tires after these [Michelin Pilot Sport A/S] have become very loud after hitting the wear bars. I haven't had them long enough to remembrer, exactly how quiet they were prior to now.

I've searched these forums. I've read countless tire reviews and checked out Consumer Reports. You would think I could reach a decision...but, I'm still stuck as my two priorities are low noise and thread life and the two tires I've narrowed my search down to seem to get mixed reviews. Those tires are:

- Goodyear Assurance TripleTred

- Michelon Pilot Sport A/S (same as I have now)

Whereas one person says the tires are quiet, another says they aren't. So, my last ditch effort is to at least talk to folks that have these tires on our cars.

If you can offer any information or provide another tire for consideration it would be greatly appreciated.

Kenny

They are probably the WORST tire you could buy.... but they are quiet

Friend's S4 has Sumitomo's HTR III (I believe), and they are really great, nice grip and very quiet....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Archived