LegacyGT.com

Scratched windows (inside)

cfaber

Hi Folks,

So I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not. So I recently got a nice new tint. Very pricey. Out of no where I've noticed nice continuous vertical scratches on the driver side window, from the top and about half way down. The only thing I can think of is something is rubbing on the in side of the door. Has anyone had this problem? Whats the solution? I think I can get the tint guys to warranty the work, as it's clearly not something I intentionally caused.

Thanks!

Winning the internet

The window was thoroughly cleaned and kept clean. the scratches are cutting right through the tinting. It's gotta be something in side the door that's rubbing badly. :mad:

Winning the internet

I would take it back to the tinters. One of my windows started peeling at an edge, I brought it over and with in 10 minutes he had it removed and redone. When I got there he was sitting outside smoking on his break and drop his cig and helped me. Hopefully your tinting place will be just as obliged to helping you.

i have scratches int he glass on the outside of my rear drivers side window, and i mean actualy scratches in the glass (you can run your finger nail along them). i've never seen or heard of this happening to anyone before so I'm in for an answer.

i have scratches int he glass on the outside of my rear drivers side window, and i mean actualy scratches in the glass (you can run your finger nail along them). i've never seen or heard of this happening to anyone before so I'm in for an answer.
Have you tried taking off your door panel and looking at the weather stripping for rocks or other debris? Once you take off your door panel , it gives you more room so you can kinda pull the glass away from the weather stripping to look.

Have you tried taking off your door panel and looking at the weather stripping for rocks or other debris? Once you take off your door panel , it gives you more room so you can kinda pull the glass away from the weather stripping to look.

no i still have to do that, maybe this weekend. i just noticed it a couple weeks ago and since the scratches are already there i'm not all that concerned but i've never experienced anything like this before or known of anyone else that has had a problem like this, i mean these are way past surface scratches. :iam:

Yeah, I plan to do that this weekend as well. I'm 99% sure the tint guys will warranty the window, however it's pointless to do anything until I solve whats causing it in the first place.

On another note, any good threads about disassembling the door to get to the glass?

Winning the internet

Archived