LegacyGT.com

Daily Driver suspension needs ?

So did it eventually work ?

If so where can I find such an adjustment screw ?

Also is it complicated to rebuild a coilover ?

You can easily adjust the dampening on the tein flexes by hand, takes less than a minute. there is a hex type of screw on top with knurls on the side that you can turn with your fingers and feel it "click". its so easy that a cave man can do it :lol:... they do come with the hex wrench to adjust the dampening but there is really no need for that.

Anyway, I went autocrossing yesterday and she handled great!! evo's and sti's on stock suspension were all over the place, rocking like boats getting hit by huge waves. I was nice and stable, no swaying, and my car felt extremely stable as if on rails.

I only had these coilovers on for about a year so they have not had to be rebuilt yet, but I guess when the time comes I may have regretted getting them at that time, but hey, I am enjoying them now and handling on my suspension setup feels excellent. All I need now is better tires :redface:

Don't know about a Ten Flex, but when I paid to have my race quads shocks rebuilt/revalved (had TCS, PEP, Axxis, and Ohlins at diff. times) it was usually $150.00 each. Of course that was a few years ago now, so prices might be a little higher today.

I like my Konis for strut replacements. Well worth the extra cost or time in terms of the labor for them. For a non-adjustable the Bilsteins are good ones to go for. I think that's pretty much it in terms of regular struts.

-mike

I have Tokico HTS struts (also sold as D-Spec). They are fully adjustable and are a bolt in replacement (just like the Bilsteins they use the Spec B tophats). Cost is slightly less than Bilsteins (I paid $595 delivered).

Archived