LegacyGT.com

CEL w/ flashing cruise this a.m. on the way into work. Used built-in code reader and code is P0037. Looks to be an issue with the rear O2 sensor, so I will get under the car when I get a chance to check the wiring on it.

- Anybody aware of a cheaper than SOA replacement for the rear O2 sensor?

- Is it this sensor that the ecu uses for LTFT's?

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I cleared the CEL later that night while flashing a new map. I have not had a chance yet to get under the car to investigate. The CEL never came back on... until this morning (I only drove the car about 5-6 days since the first CEL). So either my problem is intermittent or there is a programmed delay in triggering the CEL.

My guess is there is a cheaper O2 sensor I could use other than OEM, but still haven't figured that part out..

My '05 LGT

I have this problem too, sucks! P0037 code always come on after several days.

I think it has to be the wiring to the sensor or the sensor itself. I think it's just a dead sensor. I have disabled the CEL for P0037 but I do intend on getting it fixed. I don't consider it a priority, however, and will wait to get it fixed next time it's in the shop for something else. I still am unsure of the function of the rear 02 sensor but don't think it's responsible for setting up fuel trims.

My '05 LGT

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting the CEL looked at on Thursday since I'm having my Stoptech rotors replaced also and want the car to be good and ready for 3 mountain roadtrips the next 18 days.

I've done several LV's (about 3-5 days between each) since the code came on and and will get a couple LV's once I get the CEL resolved (by likely replacing the sensor but possibly fixing a wiring issue). I'm curious to find out if the rear O2 has any impact on LTFT's and will be able to offer some pretty good evidence one way or the other.

My '05 LGT

Wait for Mickeyd or Bugblatter...I do recall one of them mentioning that it is used for fuel trims and not just cat efficiency. Do a Learn View to see if it changed.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

I'm of like mind with each of you Ridgeracer and Spec B. I think of heard inklings of it having a role in fuel trims but it's hard to nail down just what the role is. If anyone would know, I agree it would be mickeyd or bugblatter.

My '05 LGT

• 8 months later...
you guys find any fixes for this. I was told it may be the fuse in engine pay, or is it the 02 sim in exhaust.

For me the wiring very near the sensor had melted/frayed. The sensor itself was probably okay and it might have been possible to splice/solder in a piece of wire but I opted just to replace the sensor (and included lead wire).

My '05 LGT

I did some limited experiments a while back while trying to sort out my idle mixture. the rear o2 sensor seems to have a small effect on the fueling target, not much but enough to be annoying.

the bosch FI handbook shows various systems where the post cat sensor is used to provide a finer fuel trim. I'd imagine the Denso systems would be similar.

• 11 months later...

Sorry to bring this thread back to life (again) but i threw a P0037 code this morning when I got out of the gym. The Subaru dealer was right across the street so I went to see the guy I know (who wasnt there) the lady told me $100 to diagnose the issue as I was frazzled and couldnt think straight. I thought something was seriously wrong with the car and remembered hey moron you have a AP V2 in your car just plug it in. :lol:

So i plugged in the AP it told me the code

P0037 HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

I reset the ECU i hope it was just a glitch but im sure its either the sensor itself or the wiring like I have seen in other threads. I have a Invidia Catted DP and the bunghole (hehe Bevis you said bunghole) it located on the straight end of the DP. Is this the sensor I should be looking at in this picture?

http://www.invidia-usa.com/_Images/633401444297912500_0.jpg

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Yep. Likely fried the wiring since it is unlikely the sensor went bad on an '08.

The sensor itself is the expensive part can the wiring be fixed/replaced or do i need to replace the entire sensor and wire?

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

The sensor itself is the expensive part can the wiring be fixed/replaced or do i need to replace the entire sensor and wire?

Not 100% sure, but if you fried the wiring close enough to the sensor itself (like I did), you might still be best off replacing the sensor and the lead wire the replacement comes with. It would be an easier and cheaper fix if the wire is damaged a little further away though.

My '05 LGT

definitely be easier to replace the entire thing. in my quick look on rock auto, if its the downstream (Which i THINK sensor 2 is), its like $57

anyone else able to confirm if sensor two is the downstream 02 sensor (near the cat) on an 08?

Found out that for my 08 LGT the part # is 22690AA85A and my boy at Subaru said it would be $106 so i ordered it up. Its def 100% the sensor in the pic above at the bottom of the DP.
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

• 6 years later...

P0037 HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

So I'm getting this same code (as read by Advance Auto clerk).

The thing I can't understand, from searching the various threads here: why does the cruise control light flash also ? What does that have to do with the oxygen sensor ?

Archived