LegacyGT.com

Arghhh I got hit.

You know you would think I would be more upset after getting hit on the drivers side door but I'm not. It was kinda funny...but still sad.

I learned one thing today. Its probably better to get hit by a police officer then to get hit by another driver. Why you ask? Well it's kinda funny, you get an immediate response(last time I waited for 1.5 hours for one to show up at the scene) and you know they can pay for it because they got insurance(although you probably don't want to try and claim injuries you dont have ;) ).

Anyways here's the short story. I was waiting at the gas station for someone to pull out so I could fill up my gas. While waiting the police officer in a giant SUV decides to pull out. Right as he hits me my car my periperial vision decides to kick in and I say "Ah crap, I'm boned." When I get out of my car another guy who witnessed the accident chuckles really hard and yells from his car "at least you know your gonna get paid." Later on I go inside the gas station to pay and the clerk tells me someone left their card to act as a witness if the police try and screw me over. Seems like noone likes police these days(although sometimes they really piss me off too).

Hehe the damage I got was only on my driver's side door but the problem now is I can't open my door from the outside. I have to either climb in from the passanger side front door and readjust my seat so I can jump in the seat or I can go to the rear seats and open the door by pulling the driver's side door handle. A pain in the ass anyway you look at it.

I guess this would be kind of a local topic/thread but does any know of a really good/great autobody repair shop? It's a regal blue pearl so I paint matching might be a problem if I just went to anybody. It's on the polices insurance so I don't mind.

Also I was wondering if anyone knows if I am owed extra compensation beyond the costs of repairs. I would assume so because any kind of accident on the car should devalue its resale value right?

Thanks,

Richard

Where did it happen? Boulder Auto Body does very good job if it's not too far for you. Talk to your insurance agent about any extra compensation.

Burn all those damn SUVs!!!

This Space For Rent

SVE in Broomfield is AWESOME. They do the best work I have ever seen. Over the past several years, I have knows at least 20 people from different car clubs that have had their car fixed there, or modifications/repainting done...they are timely, professional, respectful, and TOP NOTCH work.

You should check them out as well.

ps...they can match any color, and have done the Santorin Blue for Audi, which is nearly impossible to match, but they have done it on an S4 Avant that has the RS4 kit and puts down nearly 450hp to the wheels. Now they are doing a wide body kit on that, no bolt ons, all sheet metal, and welding...gonna be smooth.

from this link :

Business Profile http://clicks.superpages.com/ct/clickThrough?SRC=portals&target=SP&T=Boulder&S=CO&C=Trucks+Service+%26+Repair&CID=00000494509&ACTION=log%2Cred&LID=0064912127&FL=list&TL=profile&LOC=http://img.superpages.com/images-yp/images/pixel_none.gif Boulder Auto Body and Reconditioning Center Inc

Location Info:

1900 55th Street, Boulder, CO 80301

map | driving directions

Products & Services:

Free Estimates

Specialties:

Paintless Dent Repair,Free Estimate,Foreign,Domestic,Frame Straightening

http://img.superpages.com/images-yp/decor/images/new/spacer.gif

Contact Info:

(303) 443-9604

Hours of Operation:

Monday-Friday 7:30Am-5:30Pm Saturday 9:00Am-Noon

Payment Options:

American Express, MasterCard, VISA, Discover

Since 1982

Appears in the Categories:

This Space For Rent

My Forester got hit twice, once the front bumper and the other rear, both insurance companies chose Boulder Auto Body. Another time my rear door was keyed very badly and was rusting, they fixed it and repainted the whole thing. All 3 times they did a good job.

The owner wasn't very nice to me however.

This Space For Rent

Ah nice to know the owner is a prick. Going to stop by both. If I remember i stopped by boulder auto body once before for my civic and to repair a small dent it my door they said it was goign to cost approximately 1k. A little outrageous when you compared it to where I took it and got the repair for $200. When I got the car back I coudln't tell it was hit. But the place didn't do a good job matching my brothers pearl white so I kinda dont trust it witha regal blue pearl.

Yeah he apologized but I didn't even catch his name. His seargent said all the info would be on the police report...which I will probably try to get to look at this weekend.

I called the police department the other day and the person I contacted who is above the sergeant, I believe, didn't even know this had happened.

Well anyways I called the insurance company today and hopefully I won't have to pay the deductible and rental initially but from what I've heard it sounds like I might.

Archived