LegacyGT.com

SPT CBE components and install notes.

tetsulo

That's the retail price, I know at least one place that it can be found NEW for far less. PM me for price + vendor info.

Yes, Jeremy at Fred Beans will sell it for prob $100 less. Still $600 is twice the $300 I paid for my Tactrix and tune from Infamous1. I sold my AP to pay for it and now I have $300 left to play with. Plus my car runs infinitely better now than with the Cobb OTS map. :)

Not trying to start an AP vs opensource thread jack. Sorry.

I sold my AP to pay for it and now I have $300 left to play with. Plus my car runs infinitely better now than with the Cobb OTS map. :)

Lol, too late. By selling your AP you now have no way of keeping a real time eye on anything or switching maps on the fly. Even if you have a slew of expensive gauges, you can't keep an eye on things like IDC, fuel trims, A/F ratios, etc etc. (definitely bad) It's not like you're going to be doing logs everyday to keep an eye on stuff. I have gauges for boost, oil pressure, and oil temp, but it's really convenient to have the other instruments readily available all the time. I will agree with you that the OTS maps blow. AP + dyno pro-tune FTW in my book. Plus you can flash it back to stock anytime then. ;)

Yes, Jeremy at Fred Beans will sell it for prob $100 less. Still $600 is twice the $300 I paid for my Tactrix and tune from Infamous1. I sold my AP to pay for it and now I have $300 left to play with. Plus my car runs infinitely better now than with the Cobb OTS map. :)

I never had my AP mounted, so I wasn't watching all the time anyway. Now that I am opensource I am watching all the time. Hah, lol! :lol: With the money saved I bought an Asus EEE PC 900HA with an 8.9" screen (netbook) and a Legacy specific mount. Now I have a nice looking mount with an internet active netbook logging through ROMRaider at all times. With a nice big screen to see the data on. Plus, now I can watch DVD's in car (sound through my aux input to the stereo) and am using it as my "ipod" in the car too. When I leave the car I simply pull the netbook and hide it under the seat. SWEET! Sold my AP bought a tactrix cable, tune from Infamous1 and got an in car PC with logging, Learning Views, DVD playback (from hard drive), music storage and playback, and internet access. Can even be used as a second Nav system. Limitless possibilities. Way more poweerful than an AP and just as user friendly. I am very happy. :D

F-WDC Spec B got to hear my car rolling through the Palisades Mall underground parking (at low speed) and gave props for my rumble. Everyone has given positive comments. Not one negative yet. Fit is good. Finish is nice. No complaints (yes they could have pulled the y pipe up a bit at the rear, but I am still happy).

I never had my AP mounted, so I wasn't watching all the time anyway. Now that I am opensource I am watching all the time. Hah, lol! :lol: With the money saved I bought an Asus EEE PC 900HA with an 8.9" screen (netbook) and a Legacy specific mount. Now I have a nice looking mount with an internet active netbook logging through ROMRaider at all times. With a nice big screen to see the data on. Plus, now I can watch DVD's in car (sound through my aux input to the stereo) and am using it as my "ipod" in the car too. When I leave the car I simply pull the netbook and hide it under the seat. SWEET! Sold my AP bought a tactrix cable, tune from Infamous1 and got an in car PC with logging, Learning Views, DVD playback (from hard drive), music storage and playback, and internet access. Can even be used as a second Nav system. Limitless possibilities. Way more poweerful than an AP and just as user friendly. I am very happy. :D

I made up a sexy mount for my AP that uses a suction cup mount in the left corner of the windshield, so I always have it up. Then when I park it takes two seconds to pop off and go right in my pocket, so no chance of theft. The netbooks do rock, I've seen them on sale for really cheap at tigerdirect lately. I think I'm gonna pick one up soon, I've been holding out for even lower prices for a few months. Where did you find a mount for the netbook? That sounds like a hot setup. . . . and you put moble broadband on the netbook? lol

I made up a sexy mount for my AP that uses a suction cup mount in the left corner of the windshield, so I always have it up. Then when I park it takes two seconds to pop off and go right in my pocket, so no chance of theft. The netbooks do rock, I've seen them on sale for really cheap at tigerdirect lately. I think I'm gonna pick one up soon, I've been holding out for even lower prices for a few months. Where did you find a mount for the netbook? That sounds like a hot setup. . . . and you put moble broadband on the netbook? lol

I was so busy installing my stereo that I got burnt out on making a mount for the AP. I got my wife a netbook for school and was impressed with what it could do for being so small. So, when I sold the AP it made perfect sense to mount one in the car.

Mobile broadband? Is there any other way? Now after finishing a 3rd gear pull and Learning View I can immediately upload the results to Infamous1 via email. Using this method we just pulled off 7 revisions of my tune in 5 days from 3000 miles apart!

Heres a link to the mount I use http://www.mountguys.com/product_p/sf240-asus.htm. I use the passenger seat bolt closest to the driver to mount (no drilling or holes in my floor). Works very nicely and is much stronger than you would think. Puts the netbook at the perfect location. I just used a long USB cable and ran it though the center console and under the dash to the OBDII connector.

Not too worried about power as the battery lasts 5 hours. I can use a converter to charge it if I have to and setting up a permanent power source would not be difficult. No it doesn't fit in my pocket. If I was a chick it would fit in my purse. But it is easily hideable in the car and goes with me when I have my regular lap top (bag holds both).

I was so busy installing my stereo that I got burnt out on making a mount for the AP. I got my wife a netbook for school and was impressed with what it could do for being so small. So, when I sold the AP it made perfect sense to mount one in the car.

Mobile broadband? Is there any other way? Now after finishing a 3rd gear pull and Learning View I can immediately upload the results to Infamous1 via email. Using this method we just pulled off 7 revisions of my tune in 5 days from 3000 miles apart!

Heres a link to the mount I use http://www.mountguys.com/product_p/sf240-asus.htm. I use the passenger seat bolt closest to the driver to mount (no drilling or holes in my floor). Works very nicely and is much stronger than you would think. Puts the netbook at the perfect location. I just used a long USB cable and ran it though the center console and under the dash to the OBDII connector.

Not too worried about power as the battery lasts 5 hours. I can use a converter to charge it if I have to and setting up a permanent power source would not be difficult. No it doesn't fit in my pocket. If I was a chick it would fit in my purse. But it is easily hideable in the car and goes with me when I have my regular lap top (bag holds both).

Ehh, 5 days of tuning is still 5 days of tuning. I prefer having the proper pre-tune engine tests done and then a dyno followed by road tune all in 5 hours.

As far as the netbook stand and your setup, you should def start a thread and include some pics. I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in it!

Ehh, 5 days of tuning is still 5 days of tuning. I prefer having the proper pre-tune engine tests done and then a dyno followed by road tune all in 5 hours.

As far as the netbook stand and your setup, you should def start a thread and include some pics. I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in it!

I agree about the pro tune , but that's not what you get with the AP either. At least with infamous1 I knew where I was after the first map (no worse than the Cobb OTS) and it just got better from there. He actually sent the first two revisions within 24 hours. By day 3 he had the tune nailed. He sent me 2 more revisions after I was happy just to make it perfect. Infamous is a true perfectionist and I have nothing bad to say about his work. :)

About the netbook, maybe I will take some pics this weekend and start a thread. Didn't know I was innovating, but if others are interested I am happy to oblige. :)

About the netbook, maybe I will take some pics this weekend and start a thread. Didn't know I was innovating, but if others are interested I am happy to oblige. :)

I was actually planning on buying a netbook and putting the street tuner software on it after I saw my tuner use a netbook on our road tune after the dyno, but just didn't have the initiative. You def beat me to the punch. :p

I agree about the pro tune , but that's not what you get with the AP either. At least with infamous1 I knew where I was after the first map (no worse than the Cobb OTS) and it just got better from there. He actually sent the first two revisions within 24 hours. By day 3 he had the tune nailed. He sent me 2 more revisions after I was happy just to make it perfect. Infamous is a true perfectionist and I have nothing bad to say about his work. :)

I have an 07 as I see you asked a day or so ago.

Netbooks are useful for all kinds of things -- And I agree they are sweet for car based stuff. I doubt I'll be much of a long term tweaker -- I want to get plenty of miles and keep it reliable. Stage II seems to be my upper limit on the whole deal. So far I'm liking the sound of going with a cable/laptop and someone like infamous to get ECU optimized.

Please do put up a link with your bracket/layout. I would be curious to see it!

Matt

Sounds like I'm in for a busy weekend. I will start taking pics and see about a write up on the in car netbook this weekend. I'll try to get my buddies car too. He has a '07 Leggy 2.5i with a 8.9" netbook mounted to the dash (over the cubby area) that he installed a touch screen in and uses as his NAV. Its pretty cool.

• 1 year later...

I just had my SPT CBE installed and I have the same problem with the right side against the 22mm Perrin sway bar.My car is not even lowered. I have ordered some Long KartBoys and hope that will solve the problem

I love my SPT CBE, but it's no dice with a 22mm Perrin rear sway . . . clank clank clank

Archived