LegacyGT.com

Picking up my new car tomorrow, Airbag light?

Guys,

I leased a new legacy 2005 Gt limited (manual) a month ago. I had the dealer keep it for the last month since I was still driving my Audi A4 (junk, but it had snow tires, I am in VERMONT). Anyway I finally pick it up tomorrow. I was goign to pick it up last week but just as the dealer was driving it to the front, the Airbag light came on. He couldnt' release the car with the light on, so it sat anohther week while they found the problem. The salesman told me that they only have one guy to work on the 05's.... I thought they would know what they are doing by now.... Has anyone else had an airbag light come on????

Anyway, thanks for all the good communication the last month. I feel like I know exactly what to expect when I get it...... clutch stink, seatbelt, ACC.... I'm just waiting to see how much it all bothers me. I also hope it is as good in snow as my A4. The Audi isn't reliable, but it is GREAT in the snow. Any toughts on the airbag light or the A4 vs. LGT in snow (both with snow tires of course)?????

Guest *Jedimaster*
I may be off base here, but new cars are shipped with fuses not in, and you do get lights on the dash until the dealer puts them in, and also does something else, although I'm not sure what.

Basically, the car sat at the dealership for months. I test drove it with no lights on. They installed the spoiler, then the airbag light came on. I am failry sure something must have happened when they were screwing around with the spoiler. I wonder if I will get the real story when I pick up the car. Anyway, I'll let you guys know tomorrow when I have my new toy.

best of luck...I do not have good luck with dealers so I hope the best for you. You will enjoy the car however. Snow performance is excellent in my opin. even with RE-92's. The nice thing about the Legacy is that you should no longer be on a first name basis with the local flatbed truck driver.:lol:

Ok guys. I picked up the car at noon. The dealer said it was a faulty passenger side scale. So my passenger was sitting in the car as I sat in drivers seat while guy was going over funcitons of car. It said her airbag was off. The guy said it was because she was sitting to one side. I had my stuff in the seat next to her. When she moved to the middle it was ok. Anyone else see this?? He told me to keep an eye on it in case it malfunctioned again.

I just got home (been driving everywhere). It is no longer clean, roads are wet and nasty... oh well have to drive it. I just got done doing the DRL disable ( 5 mintues) and the seatbelt thing. Boy, I read all about the seatbelt thing for weeks and I couldn't understand why everyone was having such a hard time...... :-) I now feel your pain. Took me 4 tries but it works. I also couldn't figure out why it was such a bother. Well, I had the car for 20 minutes, then got a cel. phone call. I got in the car, started the engine to keep warm but didn't put on seatbelt because I had phone in my hand (I wasn't driving). well the girl on the other end kept asking what that noise was...... :lol: It is ANNOYING... So that is done.

The car is FAST. It is also much more quiet and solid than what I remember from the test drive. Almost as solid as the Audi but not quite. I am so glad that I wont' have the reliabitlity problems that plague German cars..... I will gladly give up snobby Audi service for this car... I hate snobby service people... I didnt get the audi to have my arse kissed...... anyway....

So here is what I found in the car so far:

1. ACC is a little strange. it was around 40 today and I could honestly say I felt the air temp change as I drove. I also adjusted it 3 times today. I HONESTLY haven't touched my Audi temp in months. I drive the audi at 70 summer and winter. So I understand why this could be a concern. However, I didnt' think it was that bad. The car was still comfy enough. My passsenger loves being able to adjust her temp.. she is always cold.. I am always hot.....

2. I was happy when I didn't smell the clutch for hours of driving.... THEN... I backed up into some snow to turn around. I stalled it, and boy is that a nasty smell............. It didn't last more than a few minutes though. Other than that, no problems with smell.

3. I also noticed the windows are DAMN SLOW.... Nobody mentioned that one.... Why is that? I do like the Audi window speed better. Auto up is a NICE feature as well.

Other than that, that's it.

I love the car, and even more sure of my purchase. I just wish I could sell the Audi in the next few days so that I can drive the Subie full time. If I don't sell it, back to the leasing company it goes......

Also, I kinda wish the Subie had ambient lighting. Not a big concern at all, it is more of a novelty more than anything, but nice as well. Also, the armrest extension woudl come in handy for me. Thanks for all your help. This forum supplied me with so much info that I knew so much about the car BEFORE I picked it up. I told the salesman about the seatbelt thing, he didnt' know..... Thanks again !!!!!!

Archived