LegacyGT.com

Anybody work in the Financial Services or Accounting industries?

Kaos22B

stating previous concentrations in work history and things like that would help,

ba in finance and accounting can cover a really broad subject so, also letting us know what aspects you want to step into would be nice.

Chase (who has a call/corporate center in rivine, is hiring)

Citi - management in retail sales - im guessing its more to do with consumer retail banking

at this moment in time, experience goes a long way, at time even further than a degree

i made my transition back to finance/mortgage industry the day after i closed circuits doors, and the people i work with now have degrees and experience in the certain field, i am still in school, and i have people at work, who have their mba's and degrees from USC, UCLA, UCSD, and they get paid less than i do(some the same) and i havent even finished school yet,

i guess my point is to use and emphasis on experience, and to go after a job where your experience will back you.

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Thanks for the input, although my experience in the field is limited, I do have some working under a controller (running pro-forma's, 5-10yr business plans, inventory level management and budgets etc) and then some work for the marketing department as well, but that's not necessarily what I'm looking to do. But I'm still a newblet by comparison I suppose, since most of my work was in retail/automotive when in school. Optimally I'd like to get into corp finance, or the other side would be go to a big 4 (or similar) and get my CPA, but hey, in this economy we can't really be picky!

If anyone has a lead and would like a resume I'd definitely send it.

your best bet at this point, is to actually get you foot into the door of any of the big banks...chase, wells, bofa, suck it up for a year or until the right position opens up then make the transition its a lot easier to move internally than it is externally, a good thing about getting in to any of those guys is stability, and they pay for school, or at least some of it...because they want you to grow with them, and with any of those 3 banks, you have every product imaginable

now i woudnt suggest getting into an actual branch, but look into a position in corporate centers, or call centers

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Archived