LegacyGT.com

Going to a track this weekend, looking for tips/advice

Coupon, which track are you going to? Im attending the Trackdaze event this weekend at Summit Point.

And I just bought a Go Pro so I will post videos as well.

Hey smitty, what time is this event taking place? I haven't been there in a long while, not since I was a member of the PCA Zone 8 region a few years ago.

^ this as well. The event Im running in requires SA2000/M2000 or higher

I will go and watch most probably. My LGT is still too new to be racing that heavily. Not to mention I do not have any spare tires, pads, oil, tranny fluid, diff fluid, and brake fluid. Plus I am still running the stock POS Bridgestone tires so I will most probably be running loose all over the track.

You might want to check with the track about helmet requirements. The autocross event I attend requires the helmet to have at least a certain Snell rating or higher in order to pass tech inspection.

Many tracks require an SA2000 or better.

An M or DOT rated helmet will not be enough. SA helmets are dedicated car helmets. They are designed to take the different types of blows in a car accident and are fire-resistant.

8am - 5pmish both days. http://www.trackdaze.com

Hey, i know a couple of people who do their events. They apparently run a great event

I had an awesome time and learned a lot! The suspension on the spec.b left me wanting more, but im glad it didnt have anything less. The brakes started overheating toward the end of the 2nd session each day, so to anyone who is going, put in some good, fresh brake fluid!!

The track is 2.5 miles and the fastest i was clocked at was 1:59. The fastest was from a tracked out NSX that ran a 1:40, so I feel good about that! If you have a chance to get your car on a track, DO IT!

A few pics from my weekend:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a355/steedav8/Summit%205%2016%2009/summitpoint09-8.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a355/steedav8/Summit%205%2016%2009/summitpoint09-14.jpg

Im running the Hawk HP+ up front. No brake issues at all.

I was using the stock brake pads, and stock everything else. This particular track has 3 pretty long stretches (100-120 MPH for my car), followed by at least a 90 degree corner. A few sessions in each day my pedal was hitting the floor. Someone temped my rotors at 470ish degrees.

Some things I learned as a beginner:

I doubted advice in this thread, but use fresh, high quality brake fluid! Pads will help also. You can have fun longer.

Open your hood after each session, there is a crazy amount of heat trapped under there.

Start with your air pressure a little higher than your car calls for, then lower it as needed. Lower pressure is a trade off between stickier tires (good) and heat buildup (bad).

Take the cool down lap seriously, your call will appreciate it.

Invest in brakes and suspension instead of go fast parts.

Bring a gas can or be sure to fill up when you go to town.

Have fun and learn from everyone there (even if they are Porsche owners :rolleyes:)

Sorry, this is the best video i have.

Don't let the cars in the pit fool you. There were some fast cars there!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plFxLKDU9wE]YouTube - Subie Spec.B on a track[/ame]

I doubted advice in this thread, but use fresh, high quality brake fluid! Pads will help also. You can have fun longer.

Open your hood after each session, there is a crazy amount of heat trapped under there.

Start with your air pressure a little higher than your car calls for, then lower it as needed. Lower pressure is a trade off between stickier tires (good) and heat buildup (bad).

Take the cool down lap seriously, your call will appreciate it.

Invest in brakes and suspension instead of go fast parts.

Bring a gas can or be sure to fill up when you go to town.

Have fun and learn from everyone there (even if they are Porsche owners :rolleyes:)

In return, I doubt any of your contributions to this thread.

Good to see you returned safe and had fun!

Archived