LegacyGT.com

quiet down a stage II with mufflers

Subi-Girl

So I caved and got all of my parts for stage II. Problem is, I live at home and my dad already has a stage II LGT that my mum complains about (noise wise) all the time. She will probably kill me if I am that loud.

I have Cobb catted DP and Invidia UP, what I am looking for is the quitest mufflers that will be quieter than stockers and fit on a stock mid/y pipe

any suggestions

Quieter than stock?...wow that's quiet! All of the popular LGT exhaust systems have the same design so they will all bolt up to one another...it might take some work to get the tips lined up.

If you want your mufflers to be quieter than the stockers, I would say just throw some silencers in them.

BTW "axelback" isn't an actual exhaust manufacturer, it's just a term for the parts of the exhaust behind the rear axle...ie the mufflers.

I have a shorty DP and up pipe and my car is extremely quiet. I take my gram to the store every week and she never says anything. I've also taken my mom and dad around and they still think its stock haha. With the Catted DP, it should be pretty quiet.

Archived