LegacyGT.com

2008 Spec B progress

I wanted to start an official thread about the mods that I have done to my 08 spec, and the future of twinscroll turbo heaven to come!

To start off with, I am now at a stg 2+ with the following mods:

1) pro-tuned

2) SPT intake

3) DC UP

4) Invidia DP (no cat non-divorced)

5) HKS Silent Hi-Power

6) AVO TMIC

Have purchased and am waiting to install the following (no time yet):

1) SPT STS

2) PLX boost/vac, ATF, 2x digital multi-gauges

3) Kiwi wifi + iMFD (to datalog using my iPod instead of a laptop)

4) Cusco sways (switching over from another crappier brand that will remain nameless)

5) Cusco links

Near future mods & development:

1) full custom fabricated exhaust system manifold back for rotated-twinscroll type turbo application (already in R&D phases made of THICK-walled stainless)

2) upgrade turbo to VF37 (unless I can find something better in the next month)

3) Coilovers (to be installed ASAP, just trying to figure out what will work best for me. I'm stuck in indecision between KW (or tarmac 1) OR cusco zeros.

4) Brakeset: I've read all sorts of decent info, but still can't come to any good conclusions. I'm trying to find a good balance between street / track that will handle the ~400awhp I'm shooting for.

BODY MODS:

other than a front lip, debadged, and tints, the exterior will remain looking very stock! maybe I'll get to it later, maybe I won't. I like other people's rice, just not really into it for my own ride.

lose #2 in the power category. my 07 runs so much better sans the spt intake. i'm rallitek stage 2. and tarmac 1's are great coilovers. as far as brakes, check out fredbeansparts. he is a vendor here and i think i may run the stage 2 brake set up he has. oh and PICS!!!!!!

Pics are coming, but right now there's not much to see! most of the goods are "covered" so to speak. I'll still get some up though so that my progress can be tracked.

As far as the SPT CAI goes, it works great as long as it is proerly tuned for. Your car will run lean until someone corrects your fuel mapping. Then it ROCKS imho. Looks good, flows better, and you get the added bonus of bov whistling when the radio is off without installing a VTA. I know everyone here knocks it, but it is a great upgrade after all of your exhaust has been done.

The 08 does come with a catless UP, but most aftermarket pipes have a slightly larger ID (marginally) and offer better flow.

While it may not be necessary to go stage II, it does help spool time.

• 3 weeks later...

Update!!!

1) I am ditching my AVO TMIC in favor of an AVO FMIC...

2) Switching to AVO twinscroll DP

3) Purchased VF37 ported and polished (thanks Unclemat!) and will be sending it to blouch for a compressor wheel upgrade

4) After mocking up an el header, and running the numbers, I've decided to just bite the bullet and order a tomei unit. It seems to be one of the few out there made of thick walled stainless and built to last (other than jdm)

5) I have a set of KW's in and ready for install next week; v3 up front and v2 in the rear.

6) TYPO edit; I earlier stated that I had a cusco sway bar set, it is actually zero sports. Sorry!

7) I am in the process of finishing blacking out my headlights tonight. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow during the daytime.

Update!!!

7) I am in the process of finishing blacking out my headlights tonight. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow during the daytime.

In for pics! I so want to do this to my Spec B, but I'm too much of a wuss to try it. :lol:

Yeah, I know I need brakes... I just can't decide what to go with. I'm tempted to put zero sports calipers up front and a 2-pot rear setup. The only problem will be balancing the brake bias...

I don't know that I like the brembos, and the 4pot - 2pot setup requires using smaller rotors.

Aargh!

• 1 year later...
I'm surprised no one else has asked about this yet. How do you like your PLX system? I've got a '08 spec. B too & my next upgrade I want to do is the PLX Kiwi Wifi+ system & integrate my iphone to display on the navi screen so I can display the gauges from the Rev iPhone app. I just want to know if PLX stuff is really worth the cash before I throw down. The alternative is HKS Camp II.

Archived