LegacyGT.com

My00 Legacy and Exhaust

I just took a look at he exhaust between my moms N/A 2.0 legacy and my Turbo on, not much of a visible difference cat back other than the nicer tip on mine, the real difference seems to be the plumbing in the exhaust headders ( manifold? ) and the piping to the cat. With turboed cars the only real good thing is that you can get away with less sound insulating/deadening stuff, there is one resonator my mom's car has that mine doesn't and mine is quieter. Your best bet is to look at Japanese exhausts or do a custom job. BTW I had a brullen on my 99 tiburm, never heard a nicer exhaust than theirs.

go to the legacy board on nasioc. i started a whole exhaust question over there for the BE and a bunch of guys over there have chimmed in with pics and examples and such. the overwhelming idea is to go cutsom cat-back. that's what im gonna do, shouldn't be more than $300 which will be about the going price for an aftermarket axle back.

Kenda

You might think about just waiting to do exhaust until after you put your turbo kit on. The issue is that optimal exhaust diameter is different for NA and turboed cars. If I recall correctly, when running a turboed motor, you want exhaust that is 3.0" in diameter, whereas NA cars lose performance at anything over 2.5" in diameter. So in essence, you would most likely end up doing your exhaust twice...once when you're still NA and then again after you go turbo. Get other opinions, of course, but this is what I've heard/read.

-Jared

• 2 weeks later...
notfastenough - If you really desired, we can build you a custom 3" cat-back for the BE. However you may have to have the down-pipe to mid-pipe section made locally to bolt up to the AVO turbo kit if you decide to use that. Otherwise, you can also consider our turbo kit, which would be guaranteed to bolt up to our 3" cat-back.

Archived