LegacyGT.com

Looking for help on gauges?

RobT5580

I hate asking noob type questions but i would rather ask than do it twice. I fell victim to a oil pick up tube breaking and blew the motor/turbo. Fortunately its covered under the extended but im scarred for the future since its probably the same tube style.

With that said im looking for the best gauge setup for my legacy. I have little experience with this engine which is why im asking. Do you guys use a sandwich style adaptor or other means to do a oil pressure switch.

I appreciate any help as im not a noob to cars but my honda is a no where near as sophisticated as my legacy plus i don't need any more headaches than i already have.

Yeah, Just curious what you guys use as far as to adapt the sending unit. My honda was simple and i didn't even have to use a sandwich adaptor but the subaru im not familiar with the motor so i figured i would ask for others imput.

I have the OEM Gauge pack.

http://www.notajetta.com/sp08drive/IMG_2290s.JPG

It is by no means the cheapest option 9among the most expensive), but it is well integrated. It uses electronic defi gauges so it is good stuff.

Looks good i never really considered that location and i dont really use that space. I cant tell are you running a oil pressure gauge if so how is it hooked up?

I will look into this option as its out of the way. I am leary of the oil pick up tube breaking again and my extended warranty expires in 6,000 mile so i want to get a oil pressure gauge at minimum in hopes i could catch a problem fast enough.

Looks good i never really considered that location and i dont really use that space. I cant tell are you running a oil pressure gauge if so how is it hooked up?

I will look into this option as its out of the way. I am leary of the oil pick up tube breaking again and my extended warranty expires in 6,000 mile so i want to get a oil pressure gauge at minimum in hopes i could catch a problem fast enough.

Yes, oil temp, oil pressure and boost.

It uses a sandwitch adaptor. Its all electric which helps a lot with setup.

I just went through all the posts in this forum and im surprised on the limited options. I definately am considering this option although i wish it read in PSI/Fahrenheit but it would serve its purpose and the dealer could not give me grief with this part.

I admit i don't read all the forums here since my legacy is a daily driver and i have a 1989 Honda Accord Coupe that was/will be turbo charged again soon!

But im leary on modding my Legacy especially after having my oil pick up break and blow the motor/turbo. But we will see once its paid off i do enjoy my legacy other than the poor sheet metal/paint.

Archived