LegacyGT.com

saw a L.L. Bean edition

No pics yet because my camera is at work, but I went by the dealer today to check out what they have. I forgot to call and decline their job offer so I feel kinda bad, but I'm sure I'll just stop on in to see them. Anyhoo, they had three Outbacks. Silver/grey 2.5i, booger green 2.5i Ltd, and an AB/grey L.L. Bean. The atlantic blue was great, but it didn't look right being two tone. The interior was absolutely gorgeous with the slight two tone. I'll be interested to see how the AB looks with black interior in person. So anybody else see the L.L. Beans yet? It was sure impressive, and I'm working on getting my parents to get rid of mom's PT Cruiser to get one. Unfortunately she really like the retro styling. I'll get her switched over though.

[quote name='SUBE555']My dealership has one, would like to see how the 5EAT/H6 combo goes, but I'm keeping my distance with the locals right now.[/quote] You keep hinting about something that happened. So what happened? Did they get tired of you bugging them all the time? :lol:

They didn't do a bunch of things they had told me they would concerning details surrounding getting everything set up for my new purchase. Some of those things included notifying me when they got the official color samples and a few models in to set up my order for the earliest delivery possible (July is the earliest orderable month for delivery as I gather.) Another was how they dealt with price, they were a huge stickler about being a good bit over invoice (which is enough for servicing for probably the first 30k miles) in comparison to the dealer I ordered through who didn't even question my lowball offer and haggle any. Heck, they even sent Franz a brocure (me and Franz live in the same area) and I didn't, not to mention several unreturned phone calls. So I really don't even like going back there much other than talking to Ken in parts (one of my local SCC race buds) and hoping in to get a brocure on anything new. I don't even feel like bugging them about test drives anymore. So sad. Not my fault either, and before this winter it wasn't that way at all. I don't know what has changed in their side of things. Oh well, their loss, now I go across the state for sales. Any warranty and general maintainence will be done there (with the exception of anything suspension/brake/tire-related unless of course it's warranty.)

Archived