LegacyGT.com

My ladies...

Oh geez, I've done it again! I am now on [b][i][u]SEVEN[/b][/i][/u] Subaru forums. But I am drooling over the 05 Legacy and plan on adding it to my stable, which includes the two cars below... [img]http://www.photocabin.com/controller.php?id=3400.JPG[/img] The left is a 1988 Subaru XT GL. Nonturbo 4WD, [i]very[/i] rare. I saved it from impending doom from a used car lot on eBay. It's currently the daily, as the Legacy is out of service. The right is a 1991 Subaru Legacy L. Nonturbo 4WD, rare for a L sedan to be 4WD. That is really my first car and the reason I fell in love with Subies, I didn't like it very much when I first got it, but it grew on me. It's currently the garage queen, with plans to drop the transmission Thursday to fix a wobbly clutch fork :(... Can't wait, though to go to the dealer and caress an 05 Legacy's curvacious body 8)

[quote name='EJ20H-TT']Good to see someone looking after the older Subaru's. The XT looks nice [b]from the front[/b].[/quote] :lol: I always dug the quirky XT. I actually wish that the Impreza would go back to a more sporty shape like the XT as oppose to the taller Impreza shapes. Very nice looking cars. An XT with a Legacy 2.5T drivetrain would be KILLER!

The XT is at 104k, the Legacy is at 127k. Got the XT just this past August, had the Legacy since August 2000. Neither car has ever left me anywhere, for any reason. They've done some weird things on the way there, but nothing to keep it from moving under its own power. The Legacy is my baby, and I refuse to part with it until it can no longer move itself. I take care of its every last need, sparing no expense. I actually tallied up how much money I've spent on the car in over 3 years and it's amounted to almost $5,000. But the engine runs absolutely flawlessly, and it drives so smoothly that I wonder if the odometer is going too fast :lol:. This summer will see a restoration project, in which it's going to get the best paint job money can buy, new GR2 struts, maybe a suspension bushing swap, etc. etc. I'm really looking for a 13-year-old brand new car :D The XT is a car that I have always taken heart to since I knew what one was. I saw a few when I was younger and thought the exterior looked pretty cool, and then sat in one's interior once and thought it was super-cool. This one came up on eBay, and while I borrowed the money from a friend with expenses, I still think it was worth every penny. I simply love the car to death, and I plan on keeping it a very long time too. It needs a new paint job, and just some TLC, but I honestly believe it will be collectible one day, and I really want to keep it as a weekend car of sorts to keep miles off of it and reduce the chances of an accident or other catastrophe. But if I were forced to choose one over the other, I'd have to stick with the Legacy. The personality that first-gen Legacies exude is one I have yet to have found in any other car, and the fact that it's my first real car makes me all the more attached to it. What would be perfect though would be to get a brand-new 05 Legacy 2.5GT Sedan 5MT in black to drive as a daily :twisted:

Archived