LegacyGT.com

Waiting on Surge line tuning, week 5

ripsweetness

I have heard good things about surge line tuning, but I have ran out of pateince. They say a AP map takes 1-2 weeks on avg. O.k I can live with that. Even towards the end of week 3 I understand people get backed up. I asked for a approximate time and they said they didnt know for sure. I appreciate honesty and just said well keep me updated and let me know when u get a better idea. Week 4 past with nothing so I email them...nothing called and left a message... nothing. We are now into week 5 and im just looking for an update. Is that to much to ask from customer service? Any one else waiting on a map from them?:mad::mad:

So you paid them upfront for the updated map? I think they had a joint event with Cobb recently which may have sidetracked them but a month is a real long time....

They have my C.C. info Im not worried about them ripping me off or anything. I just would expect better customer service thats all. I really expect to have it this week. Or they need to start thinking of a partial refund or something. Hell I need to put some fuel stabilizer in my tank with as long as my car has been sitting:lol:

Rip,

It is unusual that you have had to wait so long for a map. Typically wait times do not stretch on for multiple weeks, much less 5. Furthermore, you should not be charged until your maps are in the mail, however, sometimes payment information will be recorded but not submitted until the maps have been sent. I am looking into this matter and you should have a PM from myself requesting more information. We apologize for the aggregious wait and will resolve this swiftly.

Travis Geny

COBB Tuning

travis.geny@cobbtuning.com

Well I made some progress with them, They kinda dropped the ball on me cause I didnt have the right CAI and they just set my map aside and never contacted me to see what I wanted to do. After Cobb contacted them for me they did give me a call and we worked it all out. They said I was priority one when they got back to there pile of Ap Maps they need to send out. Although I wonder, if I have waited 5 weeks soon to be 6, How many local customers did they put ahead of me? Im thinking there taken care of any new customer that walks in the door and in the meantime there customers that have been waiting in cyber space are still waiting....................Yeyyyy week 6 without out a car here I come:eek:. I Should have just got a dyno tune.

Well ordered my AVO CAI from Jeremy at Fredbeans and recieved it today. That took all of 2 days to get here 1/2 way across the country by ground shipping.

There must be a cyber traffic jam, cause I still dont have my map from surgeline. Maybe they sent it out via homing pigeon and it got lost on its flight down here:lol:.... Anybody seen any dead pigeons on the side of the road lately? It could have been mine:redface:

Dang man, sorry to here about this. I have had work down at surgeline 2 different time. (I am local:)) and have had great experiences. They have been a pleasure to do business with. I am sorry that the cyber world service has not been as good. I plan on getting a dyno tune there in the future and I will point this out again for you. And yes, I am pretty sure they still use pigeons there as I saw some cages :lol: keep your eye on the sky!

Dang man, sorry to here about this. I have had work down at surgeline 2 different time. (I am local:)) and have had great experiences. They have been a pleasure to do business with. I am sorry that the cyber world service has not been as good. I plan on getting a dyno tune there in the future and I will point this out again for you. And yes, I am pretty sure they still use pigeons there as I saw some cages :lol: keep your eye on the sky!

I've only been down there once (semi-local) and their service was top-notch. Oh, and there may actually be a birdcage there, as Tim has a macaw... :)

I've only been down there once (semi-local) and their service was top-notch. Oh, and there may actually be a birdcage there, as Tim has a macaw... :)

There is no doubt in my mind that Tim is great at what he does, and surge line is one of the very best shops. Im sure there customer service is top notch in person. At this point Im very confident if I drove my car from missouri to there shop that they would find the time to dyno tune it, and I would have time to drive home, check my email for the map that still wouldnt be done yet.

This is the week...I can feel it. I put some bird seed out for there homing pigeon, its only a matter of time now:lol:

Well I got the maps late last night. Now I just have to fix some small things Oil line to turbo has a small leak and then I need to figure out what I should be reading off the AP to see if im gonna blow up or not;)

Mods can close or remove this thread if u would like

Glad to see you got your maps delivered! I have nothing but great things to say about surgeline tuning and Tim. I'd say he's one of the best subaru tuners in the United states if not one of the best in the world. I'm making sure he's the one doing my tuning when it comes time for my build.

Archived