LegacyGT.com

Install almost done...

brock sampson

No head unit, used the Alpine vehicle hub pro instead of the cleansweep, just in case I ever wanted to put my old slim ps2 in their for movies/gaming. Yeah the tilted-ness put me off a little at first, but its growing on me.

Only issue is, and this has me irate, is that for whatever reason they wired the speakers on the right side backwards, so the front is the rear, and the rear is the front, that AND the right front is cutting in/out... Not going to be able to get it back to the shop till tuesday due to work...:mad::spin:

Turns out they didn't install spacers :mad:, as a result the window clipped the harness when I rolled it all the way down. They are installing spacers tomorrow free of charge, but at this cost it should have been correct the first time :spin:. Still hits for a single 12, and keeps up with the double bass lines in alot of my tunes so the overall result is still :), lifes full of frustration :rolleyes:...

how do you like the alpine vehicle hub pro? We are an alpine dealer and we've never sold one of them before. Would be interested to hear your inputs.

I really like it thus far, has alot of options for tuning, many beyond my knowledge :redface:. At some point I'm going to take my slim ps2 and hook it up through the hub so I can watch me some DVD's and game a little. One gripe is the controller is a bit unwieldy. I just need to ground whatever wire it is that will let me view the aux video input, still looking for the answer to that one :spin:.

• 2 weeks later...
with the alpine hub, does it have a standalone volume knob like the cleansweep? That's the only thing i don't like, i'd rather use my factory volume knob than have to drill/mount a new one.

It has a cabled controller, not just a knob, as the unit has a ton of other functions (can hook alpine nav into it, multi disc changers, dvd/playstation etc.). The brain is mounted under the passenger seat (no flash on jesus phone to take pics) with the cable running under the carpet and out to where its mounted with the supplied double sided tape. It doesn't look it in the pic but it is really stable/secure.

http://i41.tinypic.com/4g84o.jpg

Now just need my Kartboy STS to get here so I don't have to drop my hand so far off the shift knob to change songs. :lol::rolleyes:

Now just need my Kartboy STS to get here so I don't have to drop my hand so far off the shift knob to change songs. :lol::rolleyes:

Venture Bros. LOL.

It wouldn't be that hard to fab up a bracket to put the controller next to or in front of the shifter. Hell, make IT into your shift knob:)

Venture Bros. LOL.

It wouldn't be that hard to fab up a bracket to put the controller next to or in front of the shifter. Hell, make IT into your shift knob:)

Venture Bros FTW... shiet, then I could NEVER let anybody drive the car for fear of breaking it, plus it would negate my kartboy knuckleball I bought a couple weeks ago :lol:.

Archived