LegacyGT.com

Sport light Flashing

Vehicle: A friend's 2005 LGT

-7,500 miles

-Automatic

-No mods

Problem:

The gear selector is binding and the "Sport" light is flashing. I checked the tranny fluid, which was red and full. I also checked the front diff. oil for whatever reason and that was full also.

The car was parked immediately, conveniently at home. Nonetheless, the car can be shifted forcefully, against common sense, but he said he had to "force" it into park. Of course, I had see for myself, and yes, something seems wrong mechanically.

My guess is that there is some type of linkage binding. I've never seen this with an automatic. Anyone else having any problems similar to this? I know the car is under warranty and we'll be making a call to Subaru tomorrow. However, I wanted to get some insight from this forum.

-Charles-

yea u and everyone else with 5EAT including me....i've got the heebie jeebiez

...please keep us posted what it turns out to be.

DOes ur friend do some spirited driving with the sport shift??

rev in the red zone too much????

DOes ur friend do some spirited driving with the sport shift??

rev in the red zone too much????

I asked this same question. He said he simply uses the regular automatic feature without the "Sport Shift" mode. Of course, he should be able to use any of those options 100% of the time and not have a problem.

As for spirited driving, he told me he's hit the rev limiter once. I'm not for sure, but isn't that at 6300 RPM? And no, this once instance was not in 5th gear when he hit the limiter :lol: .

I'll keep everyone updated as soon as I hear anything from SOA.

-Charles-

I had flashing to but that was when i was stuck on ic and snow trying to get out. It happened when the tires spun but thats about it, also the CEL and ABS lights came on but went away after i turned the car off.

so whts the deal with ur buddy

doesnt have a computer

doesnt know how to use one

cant type

doesnt speak english

LOL just kidding :) wondering when he will join the board and possibly give us more details on how it happended. Day date time temp conditions etc etc.

Date: 3/2/05

Time: 5:30 PM

Temperature: 35 degrees

Road conditions: Clear

My buddy has a computer and is proficient with one. I'm more of a car guy than he is and I posted to benefit the Subaru community whereas he really doesn't care. However, he is a member of this site, but would rather troll than post.

Latest news:

Bob Wade Subaru of Harrisonburg, Virginia picked the LGT up this morning. That's all I know at this time.

-Charles-

Bob Wade Subaru said the linkage was binding... no $hit. My question is why? They ordered the part and it should be fixed by Monday 3/7. So, the good news is that it was nothing mechanically internal to the transmission.

Mechanic said the linkage was bent, but this could have happened by forcing the car into park after it binded up. I just hope for my buddy's sake that the linkage is the problem and that another faulty component that is being overlooked caused the failure. He is leaving for South Carolina, 7-hour drive, Tuesday and is picking the car up Monday.

-Charles-

Archived