LegacyGT.com

Help with my hitch

Im looking for a hitch for my 98 legacy wagon 2.2 litre 4cyl. I found one for sale but its for a 01 outback. Does anyone know if this will fit my car?

Also anyone have any experience putting a hitch on my car. I'm just wondering if there is anything i should know or if its pretty straight forward. Is the wiring harness pretty easy I've seen places with t connectors will this fit my car. Any help is appreciated or if anyones got one for sale around northwest ct area let me know ill drive a little for the right price. Thanks

John

You may want to check with a Uhaul place, they sell hitches. I'm not for certain if there is a wiring harness in the back cargo area somewhere, you may have to have one custom made.

That 01 will certainly not fit though. Another brand to look for is Hidden Hitch, there are a few online retailers who sell them at a reasonable price.

I found some info but it only applies to the 96-99 Legacy Outback. I'm not sure what the difference would be btw. the Outback and the Legacy wagon, but I'm pretty sure you could get it to work. Its essentially the same car minus some aesthetics (cladding, foglights, etc..) and suspension. Anyways here are a few part numbers.

Trailer Hitch:

L1010AS050

(tongue weight 200/capacity 2000)

Trailer Hitch Harness:

L1010AS010

(says Legacy Outback ONLY)

Hope this helps. Its additional info either way. Good luck.

appreciate the info, i yea you were right about that wiring harness i guess subaru only made a spot for a clip in harness on the outback, tribeca, and forester (whats up with that leaving us legacys out) so gonna have to do the old fashioned light wiring harness, still not sure about fitting checking a 01 outback this weekend, praying that first guy was wrong about that, hes prob not but i found one for 50 bucks and im in the area any way so worth a shot to stop over and line it up under my car and see what happens thanks for the help

Archived