LegacyGT.com

Car @ Dealer - Wastegate Broken?

marcus12

So yeah...driving home yesterday afternoon in my stock '05 LGT. Merging onto highway in 4th gear...at ~2800 RPM, car bucked hard and felt like fuel cut.

Immediately clutched and put in 5th gear...CEL came on and "Cruise" light started blinking.

Car felt okay so drove 65MPH the rest of the way home and brought right to dealer.

They researched this AM and said the wastegate 'malfunctioned' and they need to replace. No thanks to the extra $$$ spent on a warranty, as this part isn't covered (of course). So $275 later, I should get my car back tomorrow.

Any thoughts on what would cause the wastegate to fail? No mods, what-so-ever on car.

Cheers,

//marcus

Shoulda put that money towards a new turbo ;)

But yea, $275 for any type of work at the dealership isnt all that bad, just stupid that its not covered under the extended warranty, but thats just IMO. I'm of the belief that if you buy the extended warranty (even standard warranties) and do regular maintenance, replace all the "wear items" (clutch, oil changes, brakes, tires, etc) then anything else that malfunctions should be fixed.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Dealer replaced solenoid Tuesday and I picked up the car that night. Took her home and she sat overnight. Went to take my buddy to the airport and while merging onto highway, same thing happened. This time in 5th gear while accelerating from 70 - 80MPH.

Back to the dealer and better get my $$$ back after an obvious mis-diagnosis.

Will keep you all posted on what they find!

//marcus

Archived