LegacyGT.com

Rock chipped my windshield today...

MaStaMooN

Yea so I got a nice dime size (probably smaller) chip/crack/bubble in my windshield this morning and need to get it fixed.

My insurance has a 500 deductable if I need to get the glass replaced but a repair would be free. Being this is tiny, I hope I can get it repaired.

Anybody in Central NJ (Border Monmouth/Ocean) use a good company for windowshield repair? I found a company called Safelite on the web that seems professional enough, but would rather use somebody known to be good by past experience.

TIA

I had this guy do my windshield for a bullseye repair and did a good job at it, you can't tell unless I point it out to you. He does all the windshield repair for Somerset Subaru, his contact info is:

Bob Besser

908-755-2409-office

908-403-9532-cell

He will come to you and do the repairs.

Glass is easy.....

Free if (Insurance will only cover it )

2) if it's a chip it has to be bigger then a quarter (spider like crack)

3) if it's a crack it has to be about the size of a dollar

That's just random measurments that they use as a good average....

otherwise you'll have to shell out some money to have the lil ones filled in.....

I ended up going to http://www.safelite.com to get this repaired. Guy should be here in a few minutes to patch it up. Hopefully it fixes it good enough that I wont see it constantly. But its right in my line of sight, so its going to have to be really good to keep me from noticing it.

Thanks guys.

BTW, with the bad came some good. I made an appointment at Precision Tuning in brick for an uppipe install. Getting a Bosal uppipe installed on Friday along with my first oil change. Can't wait!

Welp, the "fix" is done. I say "Fix" because its not really fixed. Apparently the "fix" is actually a bandaid to keep it from spreading only, it doesnt remove the problem. Though it looks better than it did, its still going to annoy the crap out of me seeing it everyday. Looks like my windshield is dirty or something.

Argh! Im going to give it a few days to see how badly I hate it.. but I have a feeling im going to be shelling out my 500 deductable to replace this glass soon :(

NO WAY MAN........I'm sure the crack will 'grow' on its 'own' so it's covered under your insurance....maybe NJ is diff, but for MA insurance.....glass is free fix when are bigger then what I described above.....call and ask a insurance company in your area =)

It was a free fix via Allstate. But my idea of a fix wasnt what they actually do. They inject some adhesive into the area and seal it up to keep it from spreading. The guy said 99% of the time it works fine and never grows, but if im unhappy with the fix, or it does grow, they will refund the cash to the insurance company towards my deductiable.

I thought when they fixed it, it was gone.. I was wrong. Waiting for a quote from my stealership now.

I did it on my Honda and glue is just there to prevent cracks from spreading (almost 2 years now, it still holding). Hope it will pass state inspection. For some reason Japanese vehicles' windshield isn't strong as domestic.

And OOPS, I should've said to get the WHOLE winshield replaced the following needs to be true.......

Glass is easy.....

Free if (Insurance will only cover it )

2) if it's a chip it has to be bigger then a quarter (spider like crack)

3) if it's a crack it has to be about the size of a dollar

That's just random measurments that they use as a good average....

Archived