LegacyGT.com

Rear Camber and Lowering Springs

slacks

Just wondering if anyone can give me some numbers on what kind of rear camber they are getting with lowering springs and stock struts (if possible). I wanted to make sure it's not too excessive to the point of purchasing rear lateral links.

Thanks in advance, the search button didn't wield much this topic.

Get my alignment checked about once a month (Firestone's losing big on my lifetime alignment). Always -1.2 left rear/-1.3 right rear; on swift springs (wagon models on a sedan) and Tokico HTS. Factory range is -1.4 to 0.1.

h-techs give abotu -1.00" all around, swifts drop a fair bit more i believe it's -2" F/ -1.5" R

but with alignment you should be alright either way. h-techs are alright on the stock struts but not that ideal, eventually i think getting aftermarket struts is the way to go ie. tokico, koni

koni is on sale right now from crucial, might want to look into it.

I have a rather heavy sub box and amp rack(s) in my trunk so I used the wagon specific Swift springs. I am also using Tokico HTS struts (Spec B specific) and the Spec B front top hats. my front dropped approx 3/4", my rear dropped approx. 4/5". I have the 3/8" "saggy butt" shims and Geo Metro wheel studs on my shelf, but decided not to use them yet. I attribute the slight "sag" in the back to the Spec B specific struts and top hats I am using. I had slightly more rear "sag" before the change out. With the stereo there is about 5/8" more drop in the rear than in the front. Car still handles very nice. I would not recommend using the Swift springs with stock struts.

That sounds reasonable enough. I was just looking to make sure that the rear isn't too out of spec and hopefully the front is adjustable as well. I guess I'll put it on the rack at work after the Cobb springs come in and see what they give me.

My 08 LGT does not have camber adjustment bolts in the (top) lower strut mount hole. I have not checked my '05 LGT. I don't consider slop in the lower strut bolt holes to be camber adjustment. You could go old school and use a drill to oblong the (top) lower strut mount hole for a little camber adjustment too, but I don't recommend it. There are probably bolts with an eccentric that you could find to make small adjustments. Or possibly someone makes an adjustable top hat for non-coilover struts. Either way, using Cobb springs with stock struts should not require any camber adjustment.

If you really want to check, pull the top of the two bolts on the bottom of the strut and you'll see it's an eccentric bolt. I've pulled them multiple times to work on the coilovers and they're definitely camber bolts.

Thats what I was saying. It might be different on model years. I have pulled my strut bolts, I replaced my struts. I also have a lifetime alignment at Fireboom and I have my print outs showing no adjustment available on my front camber. This is on my '08. I have an '05, but to be honest my wife drives it and the suspension is stock. I have not pulled the bolts on that car. You might be right about the '05. I'm just saying my '08 does not have eccentric bolts, I wish it did and I am looking into getting a set. My right side front is a hair out of spec (-0.8 to 0.3) at -1.2. My left is just there at -0.8.

Archived