LegacyGT.com

Help,Sticky shifter

HI guys

Havent logged in for a bit.Monicas LGT wagon is doing fine.

I drove it today.Dont drive it much..

The shifter is really annoying.It was always sticky from day one.

The shifter knob had been changed by previous owner to a stainless looking thing. I think the shifter itself is factory.

The shifts are slow and resisting,alot.

The more power and force you apply,the more it locks you out,makes for some GrandMa shifts:eek:

Clutch seems good and holds well, car has 30k miles on it and is well maintained.

If I drive the pedal all the way down,the shifts improve, but that is not right during accelerating.

Downshifts are easily engaged with blip of throttle as should be. Anything from N to 5th is resisting like an old truck.

Hope its not Synchros,it does grind 1-2 if you mistime it.

Frustrating if you want to move on out and be smooth.

Aftermarket shifter??

Have you changed the trans fluid?

Do that and crawl under to inspect that nothing looks loose. Also, use spaces between sentences.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Sorry to say but it could very possibly be the synchros... If you bought the car used it is possible that the previous owner was not very kind to the transmission (in terms of service and shifting.) My older LGT will "click" sometimes when going into fourth gear mainly because it is 11 years old.. I would take it to Subaru and have the gear oil changed and transmission inspected. If it is in fact your synchros you might as well do a whole re-build. That car would be a lot of fun with a stage two and short throw... Also, yes use spaces between your sentences.

Archived