LegacyGT.com

leather cleaner?

joeyjojoe

I'm trying to keep the car clean, so is there some good leather cleaner I should use on my black leather? It has holes in it, so I don't know how to really clean it. Is there something out there that doesn't make the leather smell horrible or greasy?

I got some Sonus leather cleaner and it works great. Very fresh smell that disappears quickly. Sonus leather protectant seems to do a good job, but doesn't smell as nice as other protectants.

Don't forget to put the protectant on after you clean, since you're stripping oils from the hide when you clean it.

Here is some info I put together on Leather care. If you want to avoid leather conditioner that smells bad, then definitely stay away from Lexol. That stuff smells like goat urine. I use Four Star Ultimate Leather Conditioner from www.premiumautocare.com. It smells just like new leather and it works great. One of the first things I did with my LGT was condition the leather. It took away that grey dusty look and made the leather look rich and black. The way you keep it out of the holes is to apply the conditioner to whatever you are using to rub it on the leather and then use most of it on leather that is not perforated. Then wipe down the perforated leather. You'll have less product on your applicator and less chance of it getting in the holes. If it does get in the holes then just use the dry part of your applicator and push down in those areas while rubbing. That usually does the trick. :)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived