LegacyGT.com

2007 to 2005 radio swap

Not sure if this has been asked before but I'm wondering if the radio from a 2007 Legacy will fit in my 2005 Lagacy? I want the AUX option on my car to play my MP3 player. I have tried different FM transmitters and they have all sucked. If there is another option to run an AUX jack from my factory radio please let me know. Thanks :confused:

There's an Interior/Audio section of the forum. And yes an '07-08 radio still fit in your '05 assuming you keep the same sort of climate controls (whether you have manual climate controls or the dual zone electronic climate controls, you need to keep the same kind).

However, the AUX IN doesn't come WITH the radio, there are more pieces that you need. The AUX IN jack that goes in the cubby in the center console behind the drink holder. Then the wiring harness that runs from that to the head unit.

• 1 year later...
i tried searching and couldn't really come up with anything. I purchased an 07 unit and installed it in my 05 but does anyone have part numbers for what would be needed for the aux input? I'd rather buy those parts than tap into the connectors..

• 2 years later...

Archived