LegacyGT.com

WTT (UT) - 2.5i for GT Hood

pre-dent

I'd like to swap '05-'07 Satin White Pearl hoods. My 2.5i scoopless hood for your 2.5GT hood.

I'm hoping there is someone in the SLC area that has upgraded to a FMIC and is looking to obtain a 'sleeper' look with a scoopless hood.

Send me a PM if you're interested and we can work something out.

Definitely will keep you in mind, unfortunately my hood is not flawless though. Couple chips towards the nose from previous owner. Maybe we could still work out a deal.

Installing my springs next week and I'm hoping there is a legacy cruise in the future.

The reason I'm wanting to do this is because I want to experiment with an idea I've had for the 2.5i intake. It would be to extend the MAF sensor and housing closer to the IM and have it attached to an induction box oriented and shaped similarly to a TMIC. The only problems I could see with this would be the greater possibility of sucking in water, which is why I'm hesitant.

If that idea falls through then the hood would still promote cooling of the intake and engine bay. I do love the looks of the subtle GT scoop too. The older n/a GT's got one, why didn't we?

Looks is a factor for sure... and the stock intake plenum would be located right under the opening of the scoop. So it would probably help to cool the air entering the IM a little.

But on days (or at the track) when there will be NO chance of water getting on the filter, I think my idea would be good.

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived