LegacyGT.com

What serial/usb adapter?

vodoo-chile

I've searched on the boards and couldn't dind anything specific. I have a AP v1 and my laptop does not have a serial port. I am not wanting to do any kind of programming other than loading maps from computer to ap and vice versa. I will also want to log the tune for tweaking once loaded into car.

I have tried 2 different brands of serial/usb adapters and have not had any luck with it locating my AP. I have loaded all of the required drivers, used the included cd's, etc with no luck. What are people using (specific part numbers if possible, price, and where to get it if possible). I am desperately needing to get this done asap. Thank you for any help,

Kyle

Sounds like you have the right hardware. Let's run down a list of things to check.

1. Did it really install the driver(FTDI2 or 3)? It should pop up a new COM Port after the adapter is plugged in.

2. You need to go into the "Device Manager" and open the properties for the new COM Port. Look for the advanced settings and change the BAUD Rate for that port to 4800 from 9600.(Should be like COM 3,4 or5)

3. Have you set the correct COM port in Map Manager or tried to Auto-Detect it under Communications settings?

4. When trying to connect the computer and the laptop; are you scrolling down the AP menu to "SYNC with PC" before you try to connect with Map Manager?

5. You do have the 5V power cable for the AP right?

Let's kick this pig!

Archived