LegacyGT.com

rusty buckets...filler neck

so the fuel filler neck has rusted its way to incapacitated. I need a schematic for replacing it . what i need is some diagrams for the 99 brighton wagon filler neck with the EVAP component that is attached to the neck. It has some sort of solenoid with two rubber lines running from it one must go to the evap canister while the other may go to the fuel tank. I am not sur. I am trying to locate a schematic so I can find out though. then I need a very, very cheap way to fix it. ANY input is greatly accepted!

This happened on my 98 GT. I took it to the dealer, they replaced it for $300 inc. labor. I wasn't about to mess around with the tank. When I got it back I hit it with some rustproofing paint. Did the same thing to my 98 GT wagon. The plastic cover just holds in all the sand/salt/dirt and water just eats the pipe away.

yeah I know, when i pulled the plastic cover off, two pounds of sand , salt and dirt came out with it. right on top of the fiiler neck, on the inside of the wheel well, my brighton model has a sort of solenoid attatched to the neck itself, (right below where the # 10 is on your diagram) two rubber lines run off it. the part is so rusted that the rubber hoses have fallen off. It seem s to be causeing problems filling my tank. It takes a very long time to fill up because the fuel keeps spilling out over the top of the fuel door.

• 5 months later...
Salt Strikes again! I just spent 30 minutes out on the street trying to stop a small seep...which turned into a bigger seep, then a big seep and another big seep....not sure what I'm going to do now, going to wait for the fuel level to drop, then cover the whole rusty part with some form of sealant

Archived