LegacyGT.com

blown speakers? How to tell?

RoundBoy

Driving into work ths am, and I notice my radio sounds a little 'off'.

work on the fader & blance adjustments on my radio, and i find that my right (passenger) side front and rear speakers are barely putting out any sound. They sound very low, and crackle a lot.

The left (driver) side sounds clear & strong.. front and back.

Did I blow the speakers? If so, how did I only do one side ?

sounds like maybe...

You can blow each one independantly, it really doesn't matter. Even at the same power level, if it gets a note that it can't handle or too much bass, then it can blow.

Usually you blow the woofer from too much bass or something. If you are hearing only high tones and bass and mids are bad, than chances are things aren't good. Crackling is never a good sign. Although there is always the chance of maybe a loose connection.

the fact that its 2 speakers front and back on the same side is odd to me.

its not that its missing some frequency response either (no bass, highs, etc) .. it sounds as though the volume is very low on those speakers, and it crackles in and out

almost exactly like a conenction is loose... I dunno... guess i gotta take everything apart

If it's both on one side...sounds like a loose connection to me. I don't think (if everything is stock) you could blow the stock speakers that easily. I've had these same symptoms after install'n stuff.....and it was just loose wires....

Here's hop'n that it's that simple....

I don't think (if everything is stock) you could blow the stock speakers that easily.

Are you serious? Personally, part of the reason i don't like them too much is for that exact reason. I feel like i could easily blow these at any time. Maybe not completely, but definetly some serious damage. The deck does cut the sound to some extent after a while though.

Does seem like the more you describe it, the connection sounds loose. Chances are its behind the deck if its both of them. Have you pulled it out recently or at all i guess?

its funny... I still had the problem driving home from work today.. but I adjusted the speakers back to center... and the right side speakers magically worked again.

i can't explain it. Full volume / perfect sound, etc.

Not worth a dealer appointment now, but one thing to check when I get a few odds and ends done in the coming weeks

Are you serious? Personally, part of the reason i don't like them too much is for that exact reason. I feel like i could easily blow these at any time. Maybe not completely, but definetly some serious damage. The deck does cut the sound to some extent after a while though.

Does seem like the more you describe it, the connection sounds loose. Chances are its behind the deck if its both of them. Have you pulled it out recently or at all i guess?

Speakers in general don't blow that easy unless setup to (Improper setup)....how many people over your lifetime, and that of friends have you heard stories of blowen speakers.....me...only 1...... everyone uses some sort of speaker every day of their life.....I just meant odds are that they aren't blowen....:D should've take more time and proof read what I wrote.....

When I install my audio stuff, I have new door speakers to go in, cuz I will blow the stock ones.... if I crank them with my new equp.....so obv. I don't have the utmost faith in our stock speakers also...;)

its funny... I still had the problem driving home from work today.. but I adjusted the speakers back to center... and the right side speakers magically worked again.

i can't explain it. Full volume / perfect sound, etc.

Not worth a dealer appointment now, but one thing to check when I get a few odds and ends done in the coming weeks

Sounds like a loose connections then.

Archived