LegacyGT.com

Bumper talk and theories

No chrome, and I would take out the chrome horizontal strip as well or at least paint it black. Since this is the proper thread, I'll go ahead and say it. -I really don't like the USDM bumper, but I don't really have a choice. -The only Spec B bumper that looks right to me is with the splitter underneath it on the STi equipped version. -The "rest of the world" GT bumper is beautiful. Too bad we don't get it. -I think I maybe like the 3.0R bumper the best. The horizontal strips make the car look wider, just like a fat person wears verticle stripes to be slimming.

yeah, i really dont like the new usdm bumper. the video is somewhat ok, but the brochure pics really point out the pointy-ness of the front end. all the pics in the brochure are side profile shots that really "show off" the fat bottom lip. makes the new design look 5 years old. annoying! anyway, that's my opinion and i know i need to see the car in person, but just from the pics, that's my conclusion. but, i'll probably still buy the car. question: about how much would it be to import front bumpers? btw, i think the sti rear lip spoiler is awesome. how much would it be to import?

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']I just don't know if the bumper is the thing that makes the car look strange. i think it could be the huge orange side markers that they have on the US headlight version. If anything I think once those are toned down it will bring back the look of the front. I knew that we wouldn't be able to get those lamps. [img]http://www.need-desire.com/WallpaperLegacy/800x600/Legacy10.jpg[/img] As compared too: [img]http://www.subiegal.com/images/events/2004_naias/2005_subaru_GT2.JPG[/img] See what I am saying. It kinda constricts the front of the car.[/img][/quote] i think you are right bumper looks fine to me but that huge gigantic amber sidemarker thing is bothering me to look at and lack of chrome... :roll:

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

• 4 years later...
(digging in the grave) Canada is to blame. They require 5 mph bumpers unlike rest of the world including the U.S. The JDM bumpers would be perfectly legal here in the U.S.

Archived