LegacyGT.com

GT or GT limited and Color????

yies

ya'll think the leather is worth it? black on black leather or just go with cloth? no cracking of the leather when it gets hot? but i do want the sunroof....:cool: thanks

Not only is leather more comfortable but also easier to maintain and keep clean. To clean it all you must do is get a damp cloth and wipe away!

• 2 weeks later...

i may be wrong, but i think the limited also adds auto climate control? maybe...

oh and about color....both my prior cars were black. does look great when clean...thats it. i decided to try silver with my gt. i love it...don't think i'll ever have another black car. the silver looks clean even when dirty and in the hot sun you will not burn your hand on the door getting in!

I bought my Limited for $27,500 with about $1500 in options (spoiler, short shifter, alarm upgrade, auto-dimmer mirror, lug nuts, some other stuff).. so yea, you can get it for $26,500 for a Limited if you go on the last day of the month.. also scout your local subaru inventory so you can just go directly to that dealership for the color limited you want. I bought my car with no hassle in less than 10 mins. Doing your homework ahead helps. I traveled an extra 50 miles to get my GT, but hey, it's worth it.

As for the heat, that's what tint, AC, and the moonroof is for to keep the car cool AND LOOKING COOL.. I got mine in black and I love it, and I dont care how dirty it gets, it's just one day when it's clean makes it all worth it.

Keefe

Keefe

It was quite easy for me to buy a 2005 GT limited 4-door, 5-speed manual, rear spoiler, perimeter alarm upgrade, compass and auto dimming mirror, painted pin stripe, cargo organizer, and it may have a few other little options as well. It stickered at almost $31k. I made the deal Saturday and pick it up this week. Pretty excited!!!!!. I signed the deal at $26,000 plus tax. It took a few hours for them to give in but they did. You can easily buy a standard GT limited with no extras and a 5-speed almost anywhere around Pa where I live for $26,500-$27,000 all day long if you try. I may have made out this well because I am an incredible negotiator at buying things and had nothing to lose. If they didn't sell it at that price I wouldn't have bought it. Always work your trade if you have one after you agree on the price of the car.......

Just walk in and tell them you want the Limited, but you'll only pay the GT price tag. Either that, or you're heading for Mazda! Give em' the Ultimatem!

*The previous statement is not legal advice nor should it be taken as sound advice!*

Heading to Mazda? Now that's a threat.

I've driven black cars for the last 5 years because they were my wife's hand-me-downs. I can't wait to get a silver LGT to replace my black Integra. It always looks like crap unless I've just hand washed it (which, admittedly, isn't too frequent an occurrence). I also seem to recall that when I went from a white to a black car 5 years ago that it was noticeably hotter in the summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Great thread, I'm on the fence with this one. I personally think the Limited is so worth the money, the light tan and the wood grain finish. Now that looks sharp inside for the blue pearl I like!

The best way I have found with the least hassle on getting a new car, is doing the price quotes over the net. I used Edmunds.com and here is what I got back from one dealer in Phoenix, AZ for a LGT with MT.

MSRP-$29,724.00

Sale Price-$26,405.00 Plus fees

Dest. Charge-$575.00

Lic Fees-$500.00

Doc fee-$249.50

Sales Tax-$2,401.03

Total-$30,130.53

$26,405 seems like a pretty solid price, and I know when I went to another dealer in person, I wasn't close to that price when we were talking. And that price could still go down a bit with some pushing I'm sure.

Doing stuff for new cars over the net now is so easy, and I have seen some local TV news shows do research on pricing cars in person or over the net. The net price was within $100 of the best price of doing it in person, but you don't have to sit there an play the game for an hour of the sales guy asking the manager, the manager coming out, etc. They bottom line it for you.

Just FYI - I did it all over the net and ended up with a 2005 LegacyGT Wagon with 5MT and crossbars for $23,000.00. Didn't want the hassle of the leather with kids and idn;t feel that the moonroof was worth it given the bikes, skis, etc...we put on the roof. We love our new Subie - haven't named it yet - but working on it. I traded in a SAAB 9-5 wagon which was a nice car but just couldn't provide the kind of security and traction we need in snow country.

Cheers.

David

It was Pitre Subaru, and Mike Mallon was the salesman. Go onto Edmunds.com and just submit your request, and he'll get in touch with you. I want a manual transmission in silver or regal blue with MT, but there are plenty of choices if you want AT. The price for the car I want in the color came back a bit more because it has the subwoofer, upgraded security and a few other things.

Here is the total breakdown for the silver LGT he found for me:

MSRP $29724.00

Discount (2119.00)

Rocker panels 408.00

Short throw 445.00

Internet Price: $28458.00

Sales Tax @ 7.95%: 2262.41

License: 518.56

Documentary Fee: 299.00

Total: $31537.97

I also got a quote from a guy at Steven Jory Subaru, here's that breakdown:

$27,514.00 price w/ accs. $2,228.63 Sales Taxes 8.1% $497.47 License, $299.00 Dealer Doc

$30540 out the door

Have you thought about using a buyers agent? I don't know if it would net you a better price, but I am thinking about going that route. I like the guys at steven jory though. Very low/no pressure. I would advise you to stay as far away from camelback as possible. Those guys suck on every possible level.

Nice to know there will be one on the street soon. I have only seen one 05 lgt on the road here.

Yeah, well I need to decide on this and get the wife's approval. The other factor is my '00 Maxima. I know I'll only get about $7k for it in trade. I want to see if I can sell it myself and get a bit more. Time will tell.

What do you need to do to use a buyers agent, and how does that work?

If you are a member of a credit union (some banks offer it, too) they probably have a car buying service. You have to know what you want exactly, if you have a vin # for a car you want that is easiest, then you call the service and tell them what you want. They will tell you an approximate number for the deal they expect to get and you tell them whether or not to proceed. If you say yes, they start negotiating on your behalf. This can take a day or two. Then they will call and tell you what the best price they could get is. If you accept it, they will bring the car to you (home/work/whatever) and all the papers for you to sign and will help you get your financing in order if you haven't already done that.

So, all the fun of going to the dealership for test drives and stuff, but none of the crappy bitterness, hatred and red-faced rage of an entire day spent arguing with liars and thieves. :)

Limited: leather seats, moon roof, power seats

Other than that the two cars would be the same.

Tip: If you are gonna race.. Buy a non-limited. Technically they are faster. because the limited weighs about 35-40lbs more with the moonroof glass, moonroof motor, seat motors and the leather seats are heavier. plus you'll have more headroom with your helmet on! :lol:

I bought a non-limited. I would have taken a limited if they would have been able to get one down a bit more. I saw more disadvantages for myself than advantages.....heavier,less headroom, never liked the sticky leather in the summer.

but hey, the ltd is PIMP. =)

-Tronix(they all goode)GT

for more pics and info... http://angevine.org/legacy/legacy.html

Archived