LegacyGT.com

Denver guys.... Sunday night meet

Jonny Bradtmueller

I know It's late but some guys e-mailed me from AWDPirates.net and some of them are meeting up at 9:00pm around 470 and Santa Fe. If anybody is interested come on over.

It's at Denver Motorsports

DIRECTIONS

From Santa Fe go west on Union(there is a Conaco and the Santa Fe Adult Book Store there) then make your 2nd or 3rd right (it's pretty much a instant turn) you will see a sign that says Frontage Road. Go about 25 yards to the stop sign (you should see a building behind a barbed wire fence with gas pumps that says Duggan's Petroleum) make a right and then your first left (you will see a bunch of cars they are working on) park and say hello. :lol:

OK guys here is my report from the "meet" the guys at AWDPirates had. I was thinking this might be cool since the site is AWD Pirates most of the cars will be AWD right? wrong. Well when I pulled up and got out of my car I hear someguy say "nice wagon" and all his little buddies laugh. I just looked at them and laughed so they probably thought I was a jackass so as I'm walking inside (I was told alot of people hang out in Denver Motorsports garage) I notice a 05 Legacy GT and one newer WRX and pretty much everything else is a Honda or a Mitsubishi Eclipse that sounds like my weed eater. Well I get inside and it's pretty much a bunch of teenagers smoking and being "cool". I'm serious I think most of the people there were 18,19 or MAYBE 20 years old. I did talk to the Legacy guy (sorry I didn't get your name and sorry if they were your friends) and one other guy which as I'm talking to him a couple guys next to us are talking about how they used to sell drugs and they can get "anything you want" so needless to say I'm ready to walk out the door at this point and as I'm walking out the door some guy is pulling in his Honda Civic with ground effects, chrome rims (that didn't even look good) and big ass tin cans sticking out the back and everyone in the garage was all big eyed and checking this thing out and I say to myself "What the HELL I'm I doing here?" so I left. On my way home I was thinking I hope no one from LegacyGT.com shows up because I would be embarassed to post a forum to invite people to a meet like this and even think that people would associate me with most of the "CLOWNS" that were. :( :( :(

haha. At least no one was there from LGT.com. If you are interested in meeting some great car guys, but they drive Audi and VW, we are all meeting at Fado's Irish Pub right next to Coors Field on Wednesday night about 7pm. They have a large Irish band that plays and you can sing the Irish pub songs along with them. I will be there for a bit.

I have been hanging with these guys for several years and we get to gether once every couple of months for burger beer nights. Most of them drive Passats, A4s, and S4s. I used to have a Passat and an Allroad, not just have the XT and a MINI. We have done several group drives, and also private track days with instructors...next one is this spring.

So, if you want to meet some enthusiasts and real DIY kind of people that are more professional, and into helping each other, come on down. Feel free to check out the GTG section on http://www.rmcb5.com I am one of the moderators over there. Not everyone signs up for the burger beer nights until the last moment, most just show up, but still, you can meet some nice folks if you want, and then we can compare cars if you park in the paid parking in front.

cheers

jon

here is the link to the track day, limited space, great times, private session with free instruction from professional drivers.

http://www.rmcb5.com/ftopict-2300.html

come on down on Wednesday to Fados, it will be a good time...and you can help me to put the german car guys in their place, hehe. They get all pumped up about their 225 hp after chip and turbo upgrades...haha

...I did talk to the Legacy guy (sorry I didn't get your name and sorry if they were your friends)

On my way home I was thinking I hope no one from LegacyGT.com shows up because I would be embarassed to post a forum to invite people to a meet like this and even think that people would associate me with most of the "CLOWNS" that were. :( :( :(

That was me that showed up, and I showed up cuz you posted it. :(:D Its okay though, its pretty much what I expected. Yeah...when they rolled in that Inte-vic (or Civ-gra) I rolled my eyes and left. I saw you in your wagon going south on Santa Fe. What kind of rims do you have?

Sorry I really do feel bad. It seemed like it was a bunch of high school kids didn't it? I did the same thing when they pulled that Honda in (see ya). I sold my stock wheels and bought some Rota Torques 17" in Steel Grey for my winter wheels. I just wanted a different look. I'm going to get 18" Prodrive P1's or JDM OEM spec B wheels with 225/40YR18 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's I'm nut sure which wheels yet. Again sorry about the "meet" I hope you didn't have to drive far. Maybe some of us on this forum can get together some time and actually talk cars (Subaru Legacy's). :lol:

DSC00601.jpg.28aa09c9ef698bbb1de1249e7dcdd5e2.jpg

DSC00629.jpg.c3fe532e6dc18db9f1f0f1a06a0b82d8.jpg

[quote= I hope you didn't have to drive far. Maybe some of us on this forum can get together some time and actually talk cars (Subaru Legacy's). :lol:

You are talking to the same guy that drove an hour down to the springs to meet with us! Timbuk is aaaaalllll right.

come on down on Wednesday to Fados, it will be a good time...and you can help me to put the german car guys in their place, hehe. They get all pumped up about their 225 hp after chip and turbo upgrades...haha

I have my twin girls solo every night till about 9 p.m., but if you guys ever do a Friday night or weekend, lemme know!

I have my twin girls solo every night till about 9 p.m., but if you guys ever do a Friday night or weekend, lemme know!

Will do, but for me, I always work weekends, so I am free all week. The RMCB5 guys always have gatherings, drives, and even Dyno days, along with track days. They are pretty hard core when it comes to performance, but down right nice guys. They even have a love for the new LGT/XT's.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

So you 2 were the guys with those 05 Legacys out there. I saw them but i had no idea who the owners were. I went around asking who drove them but nobody answered.

I was driving my dark blue 02 Legacy but I don't know if you guys saw it.

Yes sometimes there are quite a few ricers out there. 2 weeks ago was alot better. It was about 75% Subarus from awdpirates. We had a great time. Unfourtunatly, majority of the awdpirates had previous engagements and couldn't go.

Usually it is a pretty good meet (at least when the Subaru guys show up) and the ricers stay over by the gas station.

I think it was especially bad on Sunday cuz that Discovery channel thing... (The Discovery Channel was there doing a documentry on Denver street tuner scene so all the rice showed up.) I left early too.

Also yes, there are quite a few 18-20 year olds that go. There is an older crowd as well that show up and they are the ones I normally talk to since the younger guys are the ricers. I personally am 19.

I hope it didn't discourage you guys from showing up some other time. Just look for me (I have spikey bleached blonde hair and I'm usually with 2-3 other guys, and I can show you around and meet you up with the cooler people that come down.)

2002 Subaru Legacy L (Retired)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT

Again sorry about the "meet" I hope you didn't have to drive far. Maybe some of us on this forum can get together some time and actually talk cars (Subaru Legacy's). :lol:

No worries...it was pretty much a five minute drive. Yeah, lots of young guns flexing their muscle. Avoided when I was their age, I avoid it now. We should definitely get the Subarus together...

What are you guys doing this weekend Saturday or Sunday or even Friday? Do you guys want to get together for a little meet and maybe go for a drive up Deer Creek Canyon or around that area? The roads up around there are really fun to drive and it's supposed to be really nice this week. Let me know what you guys think or maybe we can plan something else. Thanks

Jonny :lol:

Can't, working as usual. There is a big gathering of some euro cars on March 19th...there were a good number of STi's there last time, so the LGT would fit in nicely. If you want info on that, I can send you the link to the thread. I believe there were over 80 cars last time...no ricers, all highly tuned though.

Archived