LegacyGT.com

Turbo Problems

05GTai

You can buy a used vf40 for 3-400 on nasioc or on here sometimes. a vf52 will cost 800 or so. the 52 will require a new tune and new injectors are highly suggested. So the question is what do you want to spend. Search and all your questions will be answered.

Yes actually. I have a 2005 Legacy 2.5GT and Its on its second turbo in 10,000 miles. This summer in august i blew the turbo, and had it replaced at 70,000 miles. Now at 79,000 i was just informed I need a new engine and Turbo, as I have only 65% compression in cylinder 4, and it is leaking gas into the oil pan. I have had oil changes every 3,500 miles, and car is in mint condition. I was disturbed by this news. 2 turbos in 10,00 miles? the dealer said "it happens" in the end suburu agreed to cover 50% of the costs. It might just be me, but get away from factory made turbos

Second failure is probably caused by improper repair of the first one.

Did they check/replace banjo bolts during first repair?

Now to oil.

What oil were you using? If you truly replaced oil each 3500 miles then you are well below required 3750 and any oil meeting specs should do.

Unless the spec is bad.

Krzys

I am going with the VF52. the 740 duecth works injectors. Megacn racing downpipe. walbro fuel pump and get it pro tuned. All for around $3500. I hope to get 320 - 340 HP to the wheel.

Archived