LegacyGT.com

Possible solution to bluetooth/iPod connection for factory radio with navigation

BigNYDog3

I have search through posts on this topic and talked to shops around me and I think I may have found a solution to not having bluetooth or iPod on the factory radio. I have an 08 Spec B I just bought that I am wanting to do it on if it will work.

My Goal: Use factory navigation and radio with bluetooth, iPod, 4ch amp and sub without losing any features I already have

My Soultion: From what I have read on the forum the Navi screen is infact a kenwood screen so it should have the same monitor connector that the KOS-V500 has. The V500 lets you integrate ipod, bluetooth, usb drives, as well as giving you 2 rca inputs and 1 output for dvd or ps3 or rearview cameras as well as for backseat screens and control it all on the touch screen and changes the radio output into RCAs for the amps. The software for it seemed very easy to use, it is almost like a home theater receiver. You select factory, which lets the music from your factory radio go to the amps so you can use the radio, sat radio, cd changer, and aux input and it changes the touch screen back to the factory nav screen and the car is totally stock basically, no difference in appearance or options. Then when you want to use the ipod or the phone you just select them on the touch screen and control them from there. When a call comes in it mutes the music because it controls everything going to the amps.

Sound like I am understanding this correctly? I know that its not the cheapest way to go but its a lot of bang for the buck if it works.

The fact that the OEM touch screen doesn't work is a major bummer. If it worked, then the car is already wired for the possibility of an excellent setup!
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived