LegacyGT.com

SUBARU F me over what to do now?

Long story but going to try to keep it short....I order a 09 spec b back in jan, i been waiting for the car. My dealer got the news that my order was filled, couple days ago my dealers calls and tells me the order didn't get filled and now SIA isn't going to make anymore 09 spec b....Now what should i do? There is 09 spec b in a different dealership but it is kinda far, so my dealer is trying to get over down where i live. But from my 1st OTD price of the car from ordering it and now it jump more than 2500. what should i do shoudl i tell my dealer i want it cheaper than my 1st OTD due to the bull sh!t. I know they are gonna say so. I called SOA and telling them but they aren't going to do anything. I really want the spec b now its now the price. Any advice?

Thank

Long story but going to try to keep it short....I order a 09 spec b back in jan, i been waiting for the car. My dealer got the news that my order was filled, couple days ago my dealers calls and tells me the order didn't get filled and now SIA isn't going to make anymore 09 spec b....Now what should i do? There is 09 spec b in a different dealership but it is kinda far, so my dealer is trying to get over down where i live. But from my 1st OTD price of the car from ordering it and now it jump more than 2500. what should i do shoudl i tell my dealer i want it cheaper than my 1st OTD due to the bull sh!t. I know they are gonna say so. I called SOA and telling them but they aren't going to do anything. I really want the spec b now its now the price. Any advice? Thank

Do whatever you have to do and pay whatever you have to in order to get that other spec b. Like you said, tey "isn't going to make anymore". If you don't get it now, you will never be able to get an 09 spec b - EVER!!!:eek:

I tried that but there is only one in california which is in north cali and I'm in so cali, the other one is in Tx

My car came from Tx and was bought by a guy from a dealer in Washington. Make the dealer do its job and get you a car. Get the lot sales manager and GM together and make them figure out how to sell you a car and make the deal happen.

Guest adam07specB

Not to sound like an ass, but from a financial position, you have to understand one thing "supply and Demand"

Why sell it to you cheap when they know they can get more money for it from someone else?

Good Luck I hope you decide to pick it up!

i would do my own dealer search, negotiate price via email, and fly/drive to pick it up..i'll bet you'll be able to BEAT original price, and at least pay less for transportation to get your car than paying new high price

Duuude... What Ohio just said!

Negotiate a price you are ok with on your own (get your $ back from local dealer).

Then have someone drive you to go get it.

It'll be nicely broken in by the time you get back.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

It sounds like the dealer is banking that you really want the car. Definitely negotiate. Take the advice about going to a different dealership, they may have it, or give you a better price.

Or, go used. My wife found my LGT with just about everything I wanted for a good price a few hours away using the net. As soon as you open up more options, the dealer may cave in a little.

Subaru of America has nothing to do with this.

This is all between your dealer and you. Did you sign a purchase agreement with the dealership and leave a deposit for the ordered car?

If you did, then ask them to find you a comparable car from another dealer's inventory and to honor the pricing. If you did not, then you are on your own.

Thanks for the help guys....I'm going up to north cal to get the car now..and it did come out cheaper than my 1st OTD by almost 1G so I'm glad....thanks

Glad you "sacked up" and decided to negotiate. :) I actually enjoy haggling. It must be the Chinese in me. Besides, haggling is one of the few socially acceptable means of cutthroat behavior. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to hear about your ordeal there, not fun. I picked mine up as a factory demo a couple weeks back, only way to get it. There hasn't been a single one in the New England region new all year. I have no idea how many they made this year but it's pretty rare to not have a single unit of a trim level to never come. Enjoy your car, in other news the reason the deal might have been cheaper is since you bought the rebates have soared on that car at least in my region. First time ever I've seen a rebate on a spec b but you couldn't buy one anyway, frustrating!!

2017 F150 Platinum EB

2009 SWP Spec B

Archived