LegacyGT.com

Snowboard Rack

05SubieLegacy

Anyone have a snowboard rack on their LGT (Sedan)?

I know that i have to go with something after market but I have never shopped/bought them before. Where to begin?

Besides "dont get them they suck", does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations. I gotta stick a couple boards on the top of this thing for the season is over!!!

Reade

Yea the Yakima rack is great! Well worth the money. Thanks again jonny. The ONLY problem/complaint I have is when i took the racks off, the Q-clips that grab onto the rain gutters left "imprints" on them. The plastic reset itself, and you can't notice it now, but I was flipping out when I saw it. No complaints other than that, and I used the THULE 6 pair carrier mounted to the Yakima rack. Great setup becuase all I had to do was just push down the snowboard carrier, and it wouldn't make as much noise.

Yea the Yakima rack is great! Well worth the money. Thanks again jonny. The ONLY problem/complaint I have is when i took the racks off, the Q-clips that grab onto the rain gutters left "imprints" on them. The plastic reset itself, and you can't notice it now, but I was flipping out when I saw it. No complaints other than that, and I used the THULE 6 pair carrier mounted to the Yakima rack. Great setup becuase all I had to do was just push down the snowboard carrier, and it wouldn't make as much noise.

Thanks for the feedback.

So the imprints did eventually go away with no remaining damage or markings?

Interesting combination... you used a Yakima rack with a Thule carrier? Hmm...

Reade

• 8 months later...

Here ya go... couple of pics... I got some other angles and stuff too but i figured that would be a bit overkill ;)

You'll notice that my board racks are laying down flat... it's an aerodynamics thing that I am sure equates to maybe an extra 15-20 miles per tank... but hey, it looks like i know what i am doing.

Reade

P1010011.JPG.875aa029a059b5338743c367dafaa47d.JPG

P1010012.JPG.175f42af9457794ba026247b5af92646.JPG

REI sells them?!!!? WHOA!

i've been looking all over online and to get the roofrack + snowboard kit = $350

Thats about the going rate for a quality rack, once you buy all the pieces. Bought a Yakima rack for my gf's CR-V a few years ago. It fits great and works perfectly. I want to get one for my LGT, but still deciding. Her cross bar / fairing / ski holders are exactly the same size as for the LGT. The only item i would need to buy would be the feet and associated parts. Not sure if i want another whole rack or just buy pieces and switch them from cars as needed.

Archived