LegacyGT.com

Miles 6-55...

I finally got my LGT! Took about 30 minutes at the dealer.... AHHH I love it! I have been mostly good (took it to 5000 once without really realizing it getting on the freeway).... 4,000rpms just seems so low! The car feels like it just wants to MOVE and I am hurting it by not letting it.:D My cheeks hurt from so much smiling.

Tomorrow morning it goes in for window tinting... I don't know how I will part with it for 4 full hours.

LGT Black, AT, no fin, STI pedals, sills and shifter, sub, homelink and all the security it can have.

I have an access port, but haven't used it yet (maybe next week...I don't think I can wait 1,000 miles to do it.) and an AVO panel filter shipped arriving monday.

So far (first 50 miles) I love everything on it. The only thing that seems like a bummer is I don't think you can 'random' all 6 of the disks in the changer. Oh well. I feared that, and I love listening to the car anyways...

The minivan has been kicked out of the garage... its now the Legacy's home.

Has anyone debadged their legacy? I think the 'legacy' emblem is pinned, but the others (the spelled out subaru, 2.5 and GT) I think are glued...

Congrats. I added a road trip last night, so I now have 550 miles in my first week of ownership.

Debadging is easy for the "subraru," "legacy" and "2.5 GT" word emblems in back. Just like anything else that's tacked on with adhesive. Did it the first weekend I had the car.

Congrats. I added a road trip last night, so I now have 550 miles in my first week of ownership.

Debadging is easy for the "subraru," "legacy" and "2.5 GT" word emblems in back. Just like anything else that's tacked on with adhesive. Did it the first weekend I had the car.

The dealer said the 'legacy' part was pinned also. I take it that isn't true?

I like the little star badge.:D

Make sure you can trust that tint shop because i know of many shops in which the employees take the car around the block or sometimes rev the engine high. I would wait untill you break 1000 miles.

I have installed my access port so i can flash it over to 'valet mode' when I drop it off.

congrats on your car- don't just go by me but this was my way- make sure area is clean- blow dry emblem to heat up glue-putty stuff holding on badges. i then slid a thin putty knife inside a handi-wipe-so as to not have the blade come in contact.

then i just pushed it through the emblem gently and pulled them off with fingers whenever possible- go easy

i removed the glue then with my thumb-sometimes it will pull up depending on temp-and then waxed area with a carnuba wax

This is not my beautiful car.

congrats on your car- don't just go by me but this was my way- make sure area is clean- blow dry emblem to heat up glue-putty stuff holding on badges. i then slid a thin putty knife inside a handi-wipe-so as to not have the blade come in contact.

then i just pushed it through the emblem gently and pulled them off with fingers whenever possible- go easy

i removed the glue then with my thumb-sometimes it will pull up depending on temp-and then waxed area with a carnuba wax

are you a sedan or wagon? (just to make sure we are apples to apples)

Sounds like something I can do!

Congrats! Black Rules!

Here's the process I used.

Heat up the emblems with a hair-dryer.

Use Fishing Line or Dental Floss to "cut" the double sided tape.

Remove most of the residue with your fingers by gently rolling it.

Use goo-gone to remove what you didnt get off with your fingers.

Wash trunk-lid.

Polish.

I had to polish mine 4 times to get rid of any hints that there used to be badges on it.

Here's it is finished........

1063648721_DSC01447(Large)(Medium).JPG.7c7e9f29e956f8fb60b337dcd4a9bd9d.JPG

1550283401_DSC01448(Large)(Medium).JPG.9725b3e9c85eaef4b5ae08a36b4bd278.JPG

sedan(thanks-i need to go plug that in)

BWD dental floss routine looks great -thanks for the pics-i did not want to mention that i put some wd 40 on a cloth to remove residue- especially on black just in case it might fade or harm clear coat- but if BWD used goo gone -wd 40 worked for me-you may want to test it on an inconspicuos area first

all in all its easy and cleans the back end up a bit

This is not my beautiful car.

sedan(thanks-i need to go plug that in)

BWD dental floss routine looks great -thanks for the pics-i did not want to mention that i put some wd 40 on a cloth to remove residue- especially on black just in case it might fade or harm clear coat- but if BWD used goo gone -wd 40 worked for me-you may want to test it on an inconspicuos area first

all in all its easy and cleans the back end up a bit

my wife keeps asking me why (are you ashamed?). My answer was just 'it looks nicer' and after seeing pics- I can say that is definately true.

So really most petroleum based removers have been tested it sounds like :) I will try the wd-40 if I can't get it off with soap and a microfiber towel... another great tip :)

Not a problem. You definately want to make sure you wash the trunk BEFORE you polish it. Just to get rid of all traces of the goo gone. I for one dont want to polish any remnants of it into the paint.

:D

Thanks, Ben.

Archived