LegacyGT.com

Watchmen - the Saturday morning cartoon

edkwon

Video capture of long lost Watchmen animated pilot ep from the 90s... (note, NOT based on the 2009 movie because it uses the older comic book designs)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w]YouTube - Saturday Morning Watchmen[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...

LOL, I've seen it already.

It is NOT a lost pilot intro, the dude made it himself. Read the description on Youtube.

The guy did a great job. Turned everything backwards. Liked the "Rorschach loves the animals," and Ozymandias catching the Comedian falling out of the window scene towards the end! Hilarious irony there.

And Night Owl likes to party down!!?? Hahaha.

Also the "They're best friends" line was hilarious. The guy deserves an award for that one.

--

On the Subject of Alan Moore, however... <<beware of angry rant below>>

What an A--hole.

I read in Time Magazine that he declined to have his name on the movie credits, and declined to accept any royalties from it as well. He adds that he will be "spitting" his disapproval at it for some time to come.

Apparently he has a real problem with his comics being made into movies.

I would like to point out though that before this movie came out, I had never heard of the graphic novel, but after seeing the film, I went out and bought it. Its very good--and so is the movie.

So thanks for writing it, Alan. Now grow up. You could have accepted the money from the Movie and donated it to charity, but instead you make yourself look like a nerdy spoiled little kid over the whole thing.

<<rant over>>

that has to be made up..

no way they actually tried to pilot that??

gah its like the turtles intro only with 10x the fail.

OMG, just read the COMPLETE description on Youtube. Its a joke, people. Here, I'll post up what it says:

Classic cartoon intro ripped from an old VHS, enjoy!!

Watch the digitally remastered swf here:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view...

Download mp3 here:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/liste...

I'm kidding, I made it. Please stop messaging me asking if it's real!!

Thanks to Hans Van Harken and Josh Tomar for voicing Ozymandias and Bubastis respectively. All other voices, singing, music and animation by yours truly. So you know who to blame!

At least this thread is posted in the right category... and it isn't "FAIL" its pretty good because they reversed EVERYTHING. Everything the cartoon says is wrong, and thats why its funny!!

--

it actually is pretty good.. I mean if the guy took it on a more serious note he could have theoretically made a REAL cartoon series.

quite talented as an artist really..

and he has a crazy sense of humor.(or humour for those of you who may need additional spellings. :lol:)

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I know its a parody, I was throwing ppl off with the initial post. Basically a parody of every crappy superhero cartoon from the 80s and 90s starting with Hanna Barbera stuff to Superfriends, to the aformentioned TMNT (pizza power? seirously?)

Archived