LegacyGT.com

VF52 on a 2005 LGT

Need help on my turbo. my turbo blew on my 05 lgt cruising on the highway at about 75 mph. there was no noise, just significant drop in power and sound. k&n typhoon 69 series intake is all i have modified. i found that the 2009 wrx comes with a vf52, and is a direct replacement into my 05 gt. question is, what else will i need to modify? is this even a good idea for a little more power and not much over oem price? oil feed lines i was told by my shop is a good idea, but i assume someone here will be of more help. so, should i replace the oil lines? and what is needed for the fuel system? pump? injectors? rails? i dont want to just bandaid this i want to do it right. I live in amherst MA, does anyone know where i can get tuned or even look? because i dont have a clue where to start. any help is wonderful thanks for your time

From what I understand it's a direct bolt in. You can get a fuel pump and injectors to go with it if you are looking for even more power but you will need to have it tuned no matter what. good luck! I've been wanting to do this mod for a while but no cash right now!

Welcome to the site. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67940

and wrong forum but...

You don't sound like you want a whole lot more power out of your car. IMO get a used vf40 (200 bucks or so) and then get an opensource tune. Infamous1 or MickeyD2002 can help you with that. Checkout the tuning forum. A completely stock GT with tuning can make in the neighborhood of 270 - 280 hp at the crank, maybe more if you're lucky.

If you still want more power there are plenty of options before upgrading the turbo.

Archived