LegacyGT.com

AutoX Class Recommendation

NotMyGT

Hey guys, I'm just getting into AutoX and from what I've heard and haven't been able to find yet, with searching and reading SCCA rules and not being able to find out what class accepts coilovers. The rules seem kind of ambiguous in the acceptable suspension categories. I've been told BSP is the right class, but I'm not sure if it's good information I've received.

It should be ESP for a Legacy GT, or STU if you have street tires (up until a few days ago I was thinking STX). an STI would go to BSP. I'm not sure about Outbacks or Legacy 2.5i's

I'm trying to resist mods while paying off mine. When I do mod, I don't think I'll let the classes change what I want, but will probably do the mods one by one, and let the scca classes dictate the order, so I stay in DS as long as I can before ESP, then ESP as long as I can before SM.

Here's a small thread on setting up the LGT in ESP...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106759&highlight=esp+setup

otherwise, you can find the rule book here:

http://www.scca.com/contentpage.aspx?content=61

To answer you're second question, you can increase boost (via Accessport for example) in ESP but you can't touch the turbo.

Is that your daily driver? That sounds like it's going to be brutal.

Yeah it's my daily. The shocks take most of the harshness out. I've got a buddy with similar spring rates on his M3 and it's not that bad to ride in. Full soft for daily driving, middle for fun spirited drives and firm for autox/track days. I've got a set of Kumho XSs on the way too.

I've been in contact with Vorshlag regarding this. I'm participating in their Vorshlag Test Pilot Program. They're not custom coilovers but I am testing them on a LGT for the first time. So we'll see how well it'll work. I'll have a full documented install after this weekend. :) I'll post in here once it's up.

Archived