LegacyGT.com

I hate cars, especially camber bolts

GP2001

I am so horribly pissed right now. I just spent my day swapping my springs and struts on my LGT, get to the LAST bolt, the front driver side camber bolt. I have read the write ups on it, its like 120 ft/lb of torque, everyone says " Can't go too tight" "As tight as you can get it". Well, thats a bunch of bullshit. I was using a standard size breaker bar, tightening it by just pulling down with my arm, and the god damn thing stripped. Now my car is stuck in the garage, I have to go to Subaru tomorrow to try to get the part instead of having my car done tonight, and it probably will be pretty costly from the dealership. God damnit, I'm pissed... /rant

Yeah...it is wack, when I did my springs the suckers came off with a normal ratchet :confused: and not too much effort. So I put them on just the same way and only used the breaker bar for the front...so far everything is still connected :spin: I doubt the bolt is more than 10 bucks tops...just sucks not to finish it (I got really close to not finishing because I forgot and could not locate any offset wrenches)

Archived