LegacyGT.com

Driving School

mycotopian

Hey folks

I am in Socal and want to attend a driving school. I have a friend that autocrosses his porsche that recommended the bmw cca driving school in willow springs for about $425.

I would like to use my own car so I can become better aquainted with her. I just want to get some opinions and suggestions for a good school or input from anybody that has attended the bmw cca WS school. Thanks

I'm in Northern CA and I've done a few track days with the Golden Gate Chapter of BMWCCA. For the student looking to learn the basics, they are a great group. They have good instructors and let you drive in your own safety zone. If this is your first time on the track, I'd go to Buttonwillow or Streets of Willow instead of Willow Springs. They are tighter tracks so your average speed is a bit lower (Willow Springs is a very fast track).

Another good car club for the beginner is http://www.ncracing.org.

Keep in mind that there is a risk of damaging your car at the track. For this reason, it would be a good idea to do an autocross or take car control clinic first. Up here, our local BMWCCA chapter hosts both of these events.

I'm off to Buttonwillow this weekend with Speedventures.

Archived