LegacyGT.com

Head Gasket/Overheat issues

So I had previously posted a thread on the overheating issues of my 1997 LGT Wagon and had gotten good feedback leading me to believe that the head gaskets needed to be replaced.

Well, I went ahead and did the complete engine kit w/ head gaskets and the the majority of the other gaskets/seals... However, now that it's done the car is still overheating, but there is not the white smoke and whatnot that seemed indicative of the blown head gasket.

What could possibly be going on? Faulty temperature sending unit or sensor? The radiator isn't clogged at all and there is a new water pump, oil, oil filter, air filter, coolant, hoses, thermostat etc.... What is going on??? Thank you for all your help!

So I had previously posted a thread on the overheating issues of my 1997 LGT Wagon and had gotten good feedback leading me to believe that the head gaskets needed to be replaced.

Well, I went ahead and did the complete engine kit w/ head gaskets and the the majority of the other gaskets/seals... However, now that it's done the car is still overheating, but there is not the white smoke and whatnot that seemed indicative of the blown head gasket.

What could possibly be going on? Faulty temperature sending unit or sensor? The radiator isn't clogged at all and there is a new water pump, oil, oil filter, air filter, coolant, hoses, thermostat etc.... What is going on??? Thank you for all your help!

Start up the car and turn your heater ON. Many times the system will get air in the system. Try it and good luck...

Thanks for the help, I fixed the overheating problem finally, however my transmission might have gone now. This car is turning into so much more work/money than I had ever expected especially when I still owe money on it...

Ouch... I understand, but is worth it if you plan to keep your car. Once fix you will love n enjoy it. I suggest to have it inspected througly, but most

likely sounds like a defective transmission. Epicautoteks

Archived