LegacyGT.com

2009 Outback 2.5i Special Edition

BAC5.2

I'm looking to pick one up in the very near future (like, this weekend).

I'm bummed about not having a sunroof or leather, but the 2.5i Premium isn't offered with a MT (a requirement of mine), and the XT is just too much money for someone in my situation (full time grad student, newly married to another full time grad student).

I drove a base model and I have a few questions:

1) The Special Edition does not have steering wheel audio controls, correct?

2) Are all OB brakes the same (standard 294/290mm setup with solid rear rotors?)

3) The stock 09 OB 17" wheels clear Spec-B brakes, right?

4) I was a bit concerned with road noise on the base model. Couldn't tell if it was just tire noise, or engine noise, or both. My current Forester rides on big All-Terrain's, so I'm familiar with noise. I was just expecting it to be quieter. Is the sound deadening in the N/A cars the same as the 3.0R or XT?

5) I want an OEM Navigation unit, but utilizing Kenwoods KNA-G510 for navigation purposes. Will the stock features (tools, fuel econ stuff, etc) work on the N/A car?

6) When I look on Japanparts, which chassis should I be looking at for parts interchangeability?

I'm not new to Subaru's by any stretch of the imagination. I've owned many, from ultra high output, dogboxxed race machines, to off-road Foresters, to a FWD, Automatic Legacy. This is my first multilink car outside of my wife's 09 Impreza 2.5iPremium.

Thanks!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived