LegacyGT.com

Mount Evans Meet/Drive First weekend of June

tommypenguin

On the first weekend of June probably Saturday the 6th, unless everyone wants to go on Sunday the 7th, my brother and I planning on taking a drive to the top of Mount Evans mountain. He drives a turbo hayabusa and is planning on posting a thread on the hayabusa forums to welcome any members on his forum that wants to go and I said I would do the same on here. All legacy members are welcome to go; I am planning on taking a back way to Mount Evans starting at 285 going up to conifer, then cutting over to mount evans from there, on a very twisty road. I will post a map. Should be great weather and nice cruise to the top. When I went up last year I saw several car clubs on the top and thought it would be fun to get the legacy train up there.

If any of you would like to go feel free to chime in on which day would work best. My brother and I would be starting our drive fairly early between 9 – 10 am. If members are interested in going we could meet at the base of the mountain or we could meet off 285 and trek down there together.

If you’ve never gone to the top, here are some pics I took from Mt. Evans a while ago one of the nicest drives in the state IMO to do….

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68420

Which day would work better for everyone saturday or sunday?

Up at that altitude, no one has power, its pretty weird having to rock 1st gear to get up some hills. My brother is the one who has the turbo hayabusa, it’s been painted since the pics, been running reliably for a couple years. If I had a bike, I would be taking it to the top.

Pics of the bike build... http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65561

I will post up a couple of routes in a couple of days to Mt. Evans, there’s the standard one where you just take I-70 west to Idaho Springs and get off at the Mount Evans Exit and take it up, beautiful drive. Same can be said of coming up 285 and going the back way to Mount Evans.

Which day would work better for everyone saturday or sunday?

Up at that altitude, no one has power, its pretty weird having to rock 1st gear to get up some hills. My brother is the one who has the turbo hayabusa, it’s been painted since the pics, been running reliably for a couple years. If I had a bike, I would be taking it to the top.

Pics of the bike build... http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65561

I will post up a couple of routes in a couple of days to Mt. Evans, there’s the standard one where you just take I-70 west to Idaho Springs and get off at the Mount Evans Exit and take it up, beautiful drive. Same can be said of coming up 285 and going the back way to Mount Evans.

Sundays are always better for me

Archived